1999 toyota cressida

Shanora

This is as far as I can tell an imported vehicle. I have been asked by someone, if I know where to put a Top Tether anchor (Canadian's need to have FFing CR top tethered). I have nothing about this vehicle in the LATCH manual. Anyone dealt with this vehicle before, or knows where I Would find info about this vehicle other than the dealership?

Would the dealership even be able to help with this situation?

ADS

amyd

Are you sure on the year? Wikipedia says the latest these were made was 96 and that was in the Middle East. They were retired in North America in 92. My mom and dad had a Cressida in the early 80s. Theirs was a 76, I think. I have no idea about retrofitting a tether, though.

Shanora

Thats what she told me. She is going to find out more info from her Husband, they inherited it from his grandparents I believe

jacqui276

The dealership should be able to help you out. My brother in-law is a mechanic at a Dodge dealership and said that they will install top tether anchors in vehicles that don't have them free of charge because of the seats legally needing to be tethered here.
I would imagine that a mechanic at a Toyota dealership would hopefully have a bit of knowledge on where to put the top tether anchor.

I had to get one put in my '92 Honda Accord a number of years ago once my daughter was FFing and a Honda dealership installed it for free for me.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I noticed the Cressida isn't listed as a model that's excluded from retrofitting with tether anchors on the listing of excluded models on the first page of the LATCH manual Toyota's section (noticed this while looking up Land Cruiser info. for another thread). That absence from the excluded Toyota model list very likely means a Cressida would be retrofittable using the Toyota tether anchor retrofit part number 73709-12010 used for all retrofittable Toyota models. Hopefully the Toyota dealership can confirm, and laying hands on the Cressida owner's manual can possibly clarify the specific locations for retrofitting tether anchors in the car. :)

While Toyota doesn't have an official free tether anchor retrofit program, in the U.S., SafetyBelt Safe USA (who has the other carseat.org site, the one without the hyphen :)) partnered with Toyota to offer a reduced cost voucher program for retrofittable Toyota and Lexus model owners for a donation of $5 per tether anchor, but unfortunately that reduced cost program isn't available for Canadian owners :eek: (assuming the OP is asking about a Canadian car). Best to get a price quote from the Toyota dealership to avoid any surprises on tether anchor retrofit pricing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC