1997-2002 Expedition Three across

jdchic3

We are looking at buying this model Expedition but would need to do a three across in the second row since there are no tether anchors in the third row. Does anyone have one they could test out some seats in? Or has anyone done it? I checked the three across thread and there aren't any entries for this generation of Expedition.

ADS

Albagail

I have a 2000 Expedition. The second row is very wide, you can do 3 across with just about anything. I know I've done Frontier, RF Radian, RF Recaro Signo, and also two RF Radians and a Multi-Tech. Oh, and Frontier, infant seat, RF Marathon. My current set up is Monterey passenger side, RF Radian in the middle, and either an Amp, TurboBooster, or adult passenger on the driver's side. There is plenty of room for everyone to buckle and be comfortable. But I also wanted to mention that, at least in my truck, there is at least one top tether anchor in the third row. I think it's driver's side, but the truck's not here for me to check right now. I'll check later if no one else has answered more definitively.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I did Nautilus, Nautilus.... and a RF something Dorel I can't recall... Ave? Scenera? One of those. With the Nautis outboard and center and the RF outboard and it was pretty easy. Thank goodness... I was working with a foster parent who got 12 hours notice that they were getting a sibling group of 3! I was really worried they weren't going to fit, we both breathed a sigh of relief that it worked. Oh it was a 2000 Expedition. And man - even if you do use the 3rd row, there is NO cargo space back there with it installed. I don't know what Ford was thinking there!

monica-m

CPST Instructor
My dad has an Expedition in that MY range. I swear that thing was made for car seats. Every seat I have installed in there has gone in easy. I don't think you would have any problems getting 3 across even with wider seats.

caritas

My friend has one and we've done Graco LBB, AOE and Diplomat, Graco LBB, Peg Perego bucket, Diplomat, and Graco LBB, Peg Perego bucket and Shuttle 33, no issues.

Albagail

I just got a chance to check, and there is one tether anchor in the third row, on the passenger side. I agree with the PP about it being very car seat friendly. I've never had an incompatibility with a harnessed seat, and I've put LOTS of different seats in it. I did have some trouble finding a HBB that the belt geometry worked well with, but the Monterey I have in there now works perfectly, both second and third row.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC