Here is the new Graco seat!!

Maedze

Wendy, you are right. I was hoping that they would turn the CosyKline into a 35/50 convertible like the EFTA. And that's essentially what they've done.

Graco has finally developed a reasonable convertible. Not fantastic, not trailblazing, not what we were hoping for, but at least they no longer are offering, um, crap, for their convertible market.

ADS

serabi

yeah...I'm not impressed at all if I look at it as a ERFing seat. For a Graco convertible though, I like it...

does it have more leg room than a marathon? I can't quite tell.

zeo2ski

:crying: Well that's that. What are the odds of SKJP testing over 35 in the next few months? Probably better than the odds of my kid stopping the weight gain...I'm gonna have to turn him so soon! :crying:

Knees bent, huh? :thumbsdown:

That's an interesting shape, from the side view. How does that do FFing? I can't picture it.

romanoma

I wonder if there is a way to adjust the RF recline angle. B/c it looks like it would be very reclined in a car with seats that have less of a downward slope.

I agree that this seat has a use in our market, just disappointing that it's not the use we were all hoping for.

But sadly, graco went for a use that will make them a lot more money (more heavy young kids than parents who want to ERF) :(

zeo2ski

Graco has finally developed a reasonable convertible. Not fantastic, not trailblazing, not what we were hoping for, but at least they no longer are offering, um, crap, for their convertible market.

Very true, they haven't rocked our world but they've caught up. And Graco is such a mainstream brand, I can see this helping a lot of kids stay harnessed longer. A lot. And of course the 40 lb limit will be hopefully starting something. All in all, it looks like a great seat, just not what a 40 lb limit should be.

NannyMom

Wow, thanks for the pics!! I'd love to know if I can print your info post and some pics to share with another tech.

The side view of the pics looks like it's awfully reclined sitting flat. Does it stay like that for FF, or is there a recline mechanism?

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
That's an interesting shape, from the side view. How does that do FFing? I can't picture it.

I'm having the same problem...I can not for the life of me figure out how that sucker would work FF with the shell/base like that. :confused:

(But huge kudos for the pictures!!)

BeckC

I agree it doesn't look like a bad seat. Nothing earth shattering, and I'm dissapointed with the shell height, but I can see recommending it along with the EFTA, True Fit, Marathon, Radian...

It's one heck of a step up for Graco, that's for sure! And yea, maybe it'll start a trend. We can only hope.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It looks like it has a RF and FF separate latch strap. An I wrong? DH wants to play, lol.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
It looks like a decent seat and a better-than-decent value. I don't think it will accommodate many 4yos rear-facing, but I can hope that it will spur other manufacturers (Sunshine Kids? Learning Curve?) to test their seats to 40# rear-facing.

But sadly, graco went for a use that will make them a lot more money (more heavy young kids than parents who want to ERF) :(

And I don't blame Graco (or Britax, or any other business) for making a business decision. We as advocates need to create a real market demand for true ERF seats, and then the manufacturers will step up.

zeo2ski

I think it was supposed to be 150-175.

Is it stupid that I'm still holding out hope that it magically shrinks kids when installed? My 2 year old outgrew the BLVD more than an inch ago...I guess I really thought height was the one thing this seat would have.:(

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Well, I'm glad we got more info before I wanted months and months (now I only have to wait months for the True fit with ARB). bah. It was kind of fun dreaming though.

I also would like to know if I can print and/or share info. I have a tech event coming up and some techs might find the info interesting.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah... There's no way that would get ANY of my kids to 40 RF, let alone my big kid who would actually need the weight. I'm very disappointed in shell height. I was telling my husband today that I need one of these... Now I don't. :(

Calideedle

Well that stinks, My DD who is 3yrs & 30lbs would have less than 1" above her head.

My DS may be able to use this (or hopefully another 40lb seat that has a higher shell will come out) at the rate he is growing. Not obese :p at 2months but so far my boys tend to gain a ton the first year then next to nothing after that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC