$60 cowmoo ma - $43 granite marathon (Target.com)

indigoblossom

me too! i'm so happy - even if it had nothing to do with my one phonecall and follow-up email (which seemed pointless) i am happy that target no longer sucks in my book!!!

ADS

natysr

I haven't gotten one as of yet. I wouldn't be mad if I don't get one. My granite seat was cancelled, but I did get my Cowmoo seat and was able to re-sell it for $200.

I ordered the seats seperately. So it will only be interesting to know if they are smart enough to see that they were both my orders and therefore not send me the email.

I think is shows that they have a fear that perhaps their pricing policy may not necessarily be bullet proof under the law. They'd rather not find out by having to pay huge to defend a class-action suit, so it is cheaper for them to send out $25 cards with a release. (Not that I would sue, but the threat is there by some)

nov05mama

They must be staggering in...I received my email with the gift card as well, but there are a few ppl on another board who haven't gotten theirs yet...Maybe it just depends on when they are getting to everyone...there were THOUSANDS ordered :lol:

zactayaus

Ok. I just checked my email and there it was. This makes me really happy. I wasn't expecting anything. (Now what should I spend it on?:whistle:)

Nisha

Woah! I totally did NOT expect that! I didn't complain to target, it was a pricing error (or whatever), I didnt' get a cheap seat, some people did, oh well.
But now I've got $25.00 to spend! :D

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I never complained and got the email! Yay! essentially $25 free dollars, for a couple minutes of my time making an order that got cancelled. Wish my regular job paid that well....LOL!

misskerri

I figured the $25 e-gift cards would already be mentioned here. I just got my email in the past hour or so!

Woot. :)

And I ordered seats from travelingtikes.com, so I may have had to pay more, but I'm still getting 2 britax seats. :)

Heather98012

See, another reason for me to :love: Target (not that I need another reason!). I didn't call, didn't care about it, & I still got the $25 credit. I totally will use it for holiday shopping.

I wonder if all those other bitter, nasty posters on other sites are now eating crow?! :p

crunchierthanthou

I haven't moved a finger against target. I knew it was too good to be true, didn't care one way or the other if it happened.

:yeahthat:

and as far as

By redeeming this e-GiftCard, you acknowledge full satisfaction and
release of any claims against Target relating to this pricing error.
I guess I didn't feel I had any avenue for recourse, or that it was necessary anyway. It's definitely a welcome surprise- and it's as a gift certificate, so theoretically you can stack it with 10% codes online. :thumbsup:

lidarln

I haven't gotten one as of yet. I wouldn't be mad if I don't get one. My granite seat was cancelled, but I did get my Cowmoo seat and was able to re-sell it for $200.

I ordered the seats seperately. So it will only be interesting to know if they are smart enough to see that they were both my orders and therefore not send me the email.

I don't mean to be rude or pry but i noticed you mentioned this earlier in another thread and I am just curious.....

so you got a cowmoo for $60.00 and sold it on CL for $200, was this why you ordered it in the first place? just to make a some money off it? or did you just not need it? why not resell for closer to what you paid? or sell it to a mom on here for cost plus shipping?

again i do not mean to offend just curious really .... :confused:

monstah

I haven't checked this thread since the "you know what" started to hit the fan. I haven't been able to understand people getting so upset about a mistake.
Well, I am super happy I happened to check this thread now, I never would have known I had some e-credit. (The email Target has for me is one that I check ummm, never.)
I went straight to Target.com and ordered a confy soft for my baby to be. It cost me $0.27!
Even though Target made a mistake, I would never complain and I plan on maxing out my Target card there for Christmas. I :love: Target. And I am so happy for the e-check. I was feeling a little left out when other people were getting their seats, etc. It was a perfect "we're sorry, (don't sue ;))" IMO.

R&J'sMom

:yeahthat:

and as far as

I guess I didn't feel I had any avenue for recourse, or that it was necessary anyway. It's definitely a welcome surprise- and it's as a gift certificate, so theoretically you can stack it with 10% codes online. :thumbsup:

What is the code for 10% off?

I looked online but couldn't find it.

Thanks!

jessclear

What does it mean that I haven't gotten an e-mail from them? Do you think I will? My order was canceled the same day everyone else's seems to have been. I'll keep an eye out. It sure would make me happy. :)

Connor's Mom

I don't mean to be rude or pry but i noticed you mentioned this earlier in another thread and I am just curious.....

so you got a cowmoo for $60.00 and sold it on CL for $200, was this why you ordered it in the first place? just to make a some money off it? or did you just not need it? why not resell for closer to what you paid? or sell it to a mom on here for cost plus shipping?

again i do not mean to offend just curious really .... :confused:

This sentement has been posted several times and I trully do not understand it. Why should anyone be obligated to sell this seat for cheap because they got it for cheap? Why should anyone be made to feel guilty for making a profit off these seats? Why should she not try and make a few extra bucks for her family during holliday time. Seriously. Even with her selling a BNIB Marathon for $200, the person buying the seat got a great deal (a $270+ seat for $200 is a great deal) and she made some extra money for what ever she might need it for. In my book it is a win/win situation. If I had known about this deal in time I would have ordered a few and done the same thing. I am honestly happy for the folks that where able to take advantage of Target's mistake. Hopefully these people received a much needed seat that they would not have been able to afford otherwise to put their kiddos in or they are able to re-sell it for some extra money in this tight economy to add a little extra joy during the hollidays. Some people need to just get over it and move on. :twocents:

lidarln

This sentement has been posted several times and I trully do not understand it. Why should anyone be obligated to sell this seat for cheap because they got it for cheap? Why should anyone be made to feel guilty for making a profit off these seats? Why should she not try and make a few extra bucks for her family during holliday time. Seriously. Even with her selling a BNIB Marathon for $200, the person buying the seat got a great deal (a $270+ seat for $200 is a great deal) and she made some extra money for what ever she might need it for. In my book it is a win/win situation. If I had known about this deal in time I would have ordered a few and done the same thing. I am honestly happy for the folks that where able to take advantage of Target's mistake. Hopefully these people received a much needed seat that they would not have been able to afford otherwise to put their kiddos in or they are able to re-sell it for some extra money in this tight economy to add a little extra joy during the hollidays. Some people need to just get over it and move on. :twocents:

I agree about people needing to get over it and that anyone getting a marathon for 200 is getting an awesome deal. :D
I apologize if my post came off as one who was 'jaded' so to speak, i was honestly just curious about wether or not the original intent of the poster was to sell the seats for higher?
you can tell from my post count that i normally just lurk here while nursing my son and I appreciate all of the knowledge i learn here. again as stated in my oriinal post i was just curious.... sorry :eek:

natysr

:yeahthat:...basically.

Honestly, when I first saw the "deal" I really did think that they were closing out seats that were 1-2 years old. When I bought it, I did have every intention of selling it for a profit. I always intended to sell it for a price that would be a good deal for the buyer, and a good deal for me based on the DOM. I would NOT have sold a 2 year old seat for $200.

I ordered 1 granite and 1 cowmoo for this exact purpose.

My granite was cancelled. I didn't cry over it.

When it became obvious that it was a mistake by Target, I honestly felt blessed that I still got my cowmoo. I was shocked at the 10/30/08 DOM.

I do not at all feel guilty for reselling it. Some got a GREAT deal buying that seat for $200.

We all LOVE getting great deals on merchandise on ebay. How do people think sellers are able to offer these great deals? It is because they (somehow) are able to get things at really great prices and resell them for a profit. There are many SAHM that are able to stay home by doing this type of thing.

So, if you want to know what motivated me exactly to do it, I'll tell you. In January when my husband got laid off, we lost 60% of our household income. He tried unsuccessfully to find a new job for a few month, then decided to follow his dream and join the police academy...which means, still no income. This has not been easy with an outrageous mortgage payment that we have since we bought our house at the top of the market in spring of 2006. We are barely hanging on.

So, bottom line, I had no intention to "take advantage" of Target, but I had every intention, with NO GUILT to be an opportunist.

For those that think what I did was somehow wrong, well I disagree. But if you feel that way, I would think you would also feel it is wrong to buy anything off of ebay or craigslist from a private seller that is BNIB.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC