Recall of Children's & Infants' TYLENOL® liquid products manufactured between April - June, 2008

rochelle

Recall of Children's & Infants' TYLENOL® liquid products manufactured between April - June, 2008

full list of affected products with the lot number and description here here

"The company is implementing this voluntary recall at the warehouse and retail levels, because examination of one of the inactive ingredients did not meet internal testing requirements. However, the packaged product, shipped to retailers by the company, has met all specifications."

ADS

cryswilkins

Re: Recall of Children's & Infants' TYLENOL® liquid products manufactured between April - June, 2008

Anyone know what we are supposed to do if we have the recalled product? Are they replacing it, etc?

jsmom

Re: Recall of Children's & Infants' TYLENOL® liquid products manufactured between April - June, 2008

Anyone know what we are supposed to do if we have the recalled product? Are they replacing it, etc?

Our local Sams club here (NY) is requesting that customers return the bottles to them, im not sure about other states/stores.

Blondie87

Are you kidding me? If I bought liquid tylenol then... it is long gone by now...

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician

I'm totally confused by this recall. Is the product safe or not?

I saw this right before I needed to give DS some Tylenol this afternoon. I checked, and his bottle is among the recalls, according to Tylenol's website. So I called the number they gave for more info. After going through all the automated prompts, it said their call volume was too high and to check their website. Yeah, thanks.

We went and bought some Motrin.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

Another day I'm glad I use store-brand acetaminophen.

Jennie, I THINK they're saying that it meets federal standards or whatever, but not their own internal (presumably higher) standards for contamination/quality of... something in the inactive ingredients. I think.

Considering that federal standards sometimes lag years behind what has been proven to actually be safe, while manufacturers that big sometimes self-police these issues to protect themselves from lawsuits as soon as they get an indication that something might be unhealthy, cause cancer, etc., etc... I probably would not use it. :twocents:

MomToEliEm

From the MSNBC site talking about the recall, they said they found bacteria in ingredients that was manufactured at the same time as an ingredient Tylenol uses.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33000550/ns/health-kids_and_parenting/
The makers of Tylenol have recalled more than 20 types of children's and infant's medications as a precaution against possible contamination. The liquid products were being voluntarily pulled from stores and warehouses because bacteria were detected in one of the inactive ingredients, the company said.

The ingredient with the bacteria was not used in packaged Tylenol products sold in stores, but was manufactured at the same time. The company did not announce whether any children had been sickened by the medicines.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC