Bassinet Options.....

Mommy2Marcus

So...I am not pregnant yet, but again I am thinking ahead. I want to have some idea of what to do, so I am not stuck last minute with nothing. I have an Arms Reach Co-Sleeper that I used with Marcus & absolutly LOVED. However it is not going to work for us this go around as the space is just not there. I could just :crying: over this. That thing was SO awsome for me. However it will soon be finding a new home.

Okay so I am looking at small bassinets that are on wheels so that I can easily move it out of the way during the day, but still have the baby close at night. We have a very small walkway between our bed & the dresser, so whatever we use must be small. I would also like it to be attractive!

So far I have looked at the:
Graco Pack N Play Lite crib/bassinet. I like the looks of it, but am wondering if it is small enough. I also like that it can be used past the 15lbs that most other bassinets can only be used to. However I do have a bigger pack n play that I used with Marcus that is still in very good shape, so I am not to worried about that.

The First Year Carry Me Near 5 in 1 Bassinet: I really like the looks of this one. I also like that it is on wheels, has a changing station underneath the bassinet portion, storage, the fact that you can just take the basket portion with you, as well as a few of the other features. Has anyone used this one before? If so what did you think of it?

Arms Reach Co-Sleeper Mini, I also thought about this one. However I will be unable to attach it to the bed, so I am not sure about this one in the end. I will more than likely end up with something else, just looked at this as an option.

Those are the ones I have really looked at. Not anything serious, just trying to see what was out there. If you have used a bassinet before & really liked it, please share it with me.

ADS

henrietta

The First Year Carry Me Near 5 in 1 Bassinet: I really like the looks of this one. I also like that it is on wheels, has a changing station underneath the bassinet portion, storage, the fact that you can just take the basket portion with you, as well as a few of the other features. Has anyone used this one before? If so what did you think of it?

Yes, I had it and used it w/two kids. If they hadn't both been preemies, it would not have worked. The bottom started to sag when they hit around 10 lbs.

In addition, other things I didn't like: It's much wider than a regular bassinet, b/c it's made to rock, too. It fit through our doorways, but was really tough to maneuver. The "changing table" portion is kind of a joke, really. It's just not that useful, and you cannot remove all that fabric to wash it. In order to remove it, you'd have to disassemble the whole bassinet....and then figure out how to keep the stiff parts dry while you washed the rest.

I loved the idea of it, and it worked great for our first baby, b/c we carried him and his monitor around in it. Wherever I was at, he slept at my side, and I could pull the canopy over him, use the nightlight, the background sounds/music, and prop it at an angle for the baby's reflux.

But honestly, I could have used a nice Moses basket or a mini-cosleeper or Graco mini w/an attachable nightlight/background noise machine and had almost the same thing for less $$ and less trouble.

I did also borrow my friend's Graco mini pack and play after baby no1 outgrew the bassinet, and I really liked it. For baby no2, we bought the full size Arm's Reach like you already have (and when he was tiny, we set the bassinet in it and propped at an angle for his reflux! LOL).

I'd keep the Arm's Reach and keep it out in the living room for now--it's so nice to have a safe place to lay baby down right where you are at, and I'd purchase a Moses basket for this time.

GL!

henrietta

marjen

I had a Graco Travel Lite pack n play (the smaller one), and I really liked it. It was a perfect size to put by our bed in our small bedroom. The wheels are nice, and we moved it around the house all the time. The other nice thing is that it's great for travel for the first few months. It takes up less room folded up than regular pack n plays, so it didn't take up as much trunk space.

zactayaus

We love our graco travel lite pnp. We've used it in our camper the entire summer (and we were there more than we were at home:p). I love how much smaller it is than a regular pnp. Great for tight areas.:thumbsup:

Mommy2Marcus

Thanks Ladies! I guess I will look at either a moses basket or a PNP travel lite. I own a regualr PNP as well, so the Arm's Reach is going to get sold to fund a new bassinet of some sort when I get pregnant. I appreciate the thoughts. I am still open to any other options as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC