Question Where is the expiration date on the Britax Cosy Tot

Rebska

Of course, it's probably blindingly obvious, but I asked my husband to check while he was at his mother's house (where we've been storing it), and he can't find anything besides the stickers and what appears to be a grid with some pin pricks in it. He thinks the grid may indicate a manufacture date of march/april 2004, but given he can't even really be sure that is what the grid is trying to communicate, I am wary.

Is the cosy tot expiration 6 years? Or longer?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
In the US it's six years. However, as that's a UK seat I don't know of a way to check to see when it was made (it was not current), nor does the Britax.co.uk site (which is what is available for Ireland) list it as a seat where I can view the manual.

Here, other than the Frontier, Britax doesn't list expiration dates, just date of manufacture, and then it says in the manual not to use past six years. So, at least if it was a US seat with US stickers, you wouldn't be missing something obvious since it's not listed here.

I'd give Britax UK a call at 01264 386034 and see what they say about where the sticker is and what the expiration date is.

Wendy

Rebska

Well, I just spoke to Britax UK and they claim that there is no expiration date on their carseats - as long as they were manufactured under current ECER44 regulations.

Frankly, the woman kind of sounded shocked that anyone would suggest that there was an expiration date on carseats. Which I found not terribly reassuring.

Anyone have any other information from Britax?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC