Beco, Patapum, Pikkolo?

jnamommy

I currently use a ring sling and really like it. However, I am ready to start trying to carry my dd on my back now, and am looking at other carriers. I saw the Beco, Pikkolo, and Patapum carriers (not sure if there are other good ones too?). What are the differences, or what is a good one? dd is almost 16 months, and 15.5 lbs. Tiny, if that makes a difference which carrier would be good.
thanks

ADS

zactayaus

I have a beco and an ergo for my 17lb 4 month old. I like the beco more. I haven't tried either in a back carry yet but I'm certain the beco would be easier to do by yourself because you can put the child in it and then just put it on like a backpack. I know there are some members here who have the pikkolo and love it. Hopefully they will chime in.

ontariomama

Hi. I have a Pikkolo and I love it. My DS is bigger than your DD and I find it very comfy. My DH likes to use it as well... it's not hard to switch between users. It takes a bit to get used to, but it's quite easy to get him on my back. With your DD (as she is older), it shouldn't be that hard for her to get used to it.

As my DS gets bigger, I am wondering if I will want to get a Patapum too. I think they're supposed to be better for heavier kids. For your needs though, I think the Pikkolo would be fine. Actually, I'm sure the Beco would be good too... I wanted to try that one out when I got my Pikkolo, but I couldn't find it in store, so Pikkolo won out :)

HTH

lovinwaves

The only thing I didn't like about my Patapum was that I had to thread my kids legs through the holes on the side. Might not be that big of a deal for a baby, but I was trying to lug around my 3 year old.

seamonkeys

I have a beco and an ergo for my 17lb 4 month old. I like the beco more. I haven't tried either in a back carry yet but I'm certain the beco would be easier to do by yourself because you can put the child in it and then just put it on like a backpack. I know there are some members here who have the pikkolo and love it. Hopefully they will chime in.
You can put them on and then put IT on? So there's a layer of fabric between you and the baby?

cpsaddict

I have had my Pikkolo for a few weeks now and I absolutely LOVE it. I wore DD(4mths, 14lbs) on Sunday for three full hours at the state fair. I had no pain, even the next day.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC