Help with deciding on car seats

U

Unregistered

Ok, here is the situation. We have 3 vehicles, a odyssey, honda pilot and toyota tundra. We need seats for my kids in the 2 secondary vehicles and I would like to replace the AO's we have in the odyssey. I have an almost 7 year old that weighs 48 pounds, a 3.5 year old that weighs 35 pounds and 22 month old twins that weigh 22-25 pounds.
The twins go in marathons in the odyssey and pilot but I would like seats that has the ability to seat the 3.5 year old and the 7 year old in the other 2 cars. I have them in AO's now but would like to replace them since they are driving me crazy with their straps.

I'm looking for a seat that can keep the 7 year old harnessed but I am also considering a hbb for him like the parkway or monterey. Unfortunately it won't seat the 3.5 year old. Should I get a radian or frontier so that it can seat both of them potentially?

Thanks

ADS

featherhead

Ok, first thing, unless your AO is one of the new ones that harnesses to 50 lbs, your 7 year old should definitely not be using the harness. I think for the 7 year old a booster would be fine for each vehicle. I'm not sure if cost is a factor for you, but with buying a couple seats, I'm guessing it might be. So I would probably use turbo boosters for the 7 year old.

Do you have the 3 year old's torso height? That would help us recommend some seats. Some seats that would work would be the Graco Cargo, Evenflo Chase, Graco Nautilus, and Britax Frontier. My choice would probably be the Nautilus.

For the twins, do you have them rear-facing still? It is safest to rear-face as long as possible (as long as your seats will allow).

And, baby is awake, or I would have more to say...

U

Unregistered

Hi

I'll have to measure the 3 year old's torso but he's pretty small and short. I was thinking of a hbb for the 7 year old since I saw the videos of the crash tests without a hbb...hence the parkway or monterey. I can get the Graco nautilus easily here in Thunder bay but the sunshine kids and britax seats I would have to buy on spec. I was considering the frontier and the premier since I could eventually have any of the kids in them once the twins could forward face since with only 2 cars that can carry 4 kids we will have to do some musical chairs when deciding on which parent is going to pick up which kid. The parkway and monterey would only fit the oldest child until the 3.5 year old could fit in it. Is the parkway as narrow as the monterey? I could fit 3 across in the tundra in the back if I used all sunshine kids seats I assume.

U

Unregistered

The challenges are also:

to fit all 4 kids in the totota tundra. I can fit 3 across the back row bench but how do we accomodate the 4th kid?

and can you put 2 narrow car seats in the pilot in the second and third row when they are split 60/40?

anyone know?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC