should i give my daughter the radian...

iluvbnamomma

hi i just posted about booster seat choices on another thread but i am still brainstorming on what to do next and would love some opinions.

I have a son who is 5 yrs old 40lbs 45in and has used a booster seat occasionally while travelling in a car pool situation. He rides in a radian as his prime seat. He is in the top slot of the harness as of a month ago.
My daughter is in a snugride and is growing fast..4 mths 16lbs 4 oz

I am thinking of two scenarios.
1- keep my son in the radian (how long do you think he has left?) and buy my daughter a new seat. I LOVE the roundabout! It is by far my favorite seat even though it will not last that long i think for the three yrs it is well worth the price. We have a small car and i have tried the marathon and it is just HUGE (to big for my taste.) I do not really want to buy another car seat but if i must :whistle:
2-As soon as my daughter needs it move her into the radian and use the airbooster i just picked up as his primary seat for my son. He is very comfortable in a hbb and rides without any issues. I figure he does not have that long left in the radian anyway, right?

What do you all think?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
If he just moved to the top slots he's probably got two years harnessed in the seat. So I'd probably buy your daughter something. Will the Radian fit rear facing in your car? If you think the Marathon is too big I would imagine the Radian will be huge for you. In which case you'd need to buy your daughter something anyway.

Wendy

iluvbnamomma

If he just moved to the top slots he's probably got two years harnessed in the seat. So I'd probably buy your daughter something. Will the Radian fit rear facing in your car? If you think the Marathon is too big I would imagine the Radian will be huge for you. In which case you'd need to buy your daughter something anyway.

Wendy

you really think he has two years left in his seat? That would be awesome. In that case i will buy my daughter a new one and let him stay put. He loves his radian :love:

I installed the radian rear facing in out civic today and you are right it takes up alot of space. Its possible but the front passenger is always going to be a bit crowded. :thumbsdown: Atleast it is narrow. My son was in a roundabout for three yrs and we loved it. Easy to install, easy to adjust, very comfy, and did not take up too much space. I think i will get my daughter one of those and use it until she outgrows it. Hopefully, by then my son will be out of the radian and i can move her there.

Oh the car seat drama. It never ends :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC