The BRU trade in is happening!

DahliaRW

http://www2.toysrus.com/Investor/pr/082609.html

During the "Great Trade-In" event, which begins Friday, August 28 and continues through Sunday, September 20, all Babies"R"Us and Toys"R"Us locations nationwide will accept returns of any used cribs, car seats, bassinets, strollers, travel systems, play yards and high chairs in exchange for a 20% savings on the purchase of any new baby item, in any of these product categories, from select manufacturers.

ADS

APT

BuyBuyBaby just sent me a 20% coupon for nothing. It's good if BRU destroys those old seats, though.

Mommy2Marcus

This sucks! I JUST bought the MR from BRU a few weeks ago b/c my store said they would not be doing this. If I would have known this then I would have waited. However......I do WANT a CA, but it is not going to happen. I promised DH that this would be the last seat I would buy untill we had another. Why oh WHY!

danivdp

So can I bring in a highchair and get a discount on a carseat? Or does it have to be another carseat?

aisraeltax

i wanted to trade in an infant seat for a Radian XT but it looks like Sunshine Kids may not be participating. :(

from the notice:

Manufacturers participating in the "Great Trade-In" event include Baby Cache, Babi Italia, Baby Trend, Bertini, Britax, Chicco, Contours by Kolcraft, Cosco, Delta, Eddie Bauer, Evenflo, Graco, Jeep, Nature's Purest by Summer Infant, Safety 1st and Sorelle. Customers can save 20% on a new purchase, from any of the specified product categories and from any of the aforementioned manufacturers, in Babies"R"Us and Toys"R"Us stores nationwide on the day they trade in their used item

BookMama

Senior Community Member
i wanted to trade in an infant seat for a Radian XT but it looks like Sunshine Kids may not be participating. :(

I don't believe that BRU carries Radians, do they?

I may have to take advantage of this sale. I need a crib (returned our borrowed-for-8-years crib a month before I found out I was pregnant :rolleyes: :eek:) and a high chair. I have a bassinet with a hole in it and a torn old high chair that I could trade in. Hmmm ... will have to figure out whether what I need will be cheaper at BRU with the discount, or if I can get what I need elsewhere (probably online) without a discount.

elle7715

So can I bring in a highchair and get a discount on a carseat? Or does it have to be another carseat?
I think I'm going to call and ask about this. I have a Snugride that's about to expire and I would use the 20% on something else.

MariaGlez

Does anyone know if the 20% discount can be combined with the 10% discount on first purchase for opening a BRU credit card?
I have an old car seat and old stroller to trade in....does that mean I would b able to get 30% off both? (pls pls say yes!!)

DahliaRW

I'm hoping there will be more details on Friday. I plan to call then to see if I can trade in my about to expire awful old style triumph and use the discount on the complete air! The triumph has been sitting in my living room, virtually unused, for a while now.

kaleigh71

I don't have an answer about combining discounts, but I did ask about where it stated it had to be used same day if what I wanted wasn't in stock. The response I got was that while people "are being encouraged to use the discount the same day they trade-in an item, the discount can be used throughout the duration of the program."

I would ask the question via one of the e-mail addresses at the bottom and then print out the response just in case. That is what I did. It helps, because I've read many times of miscommunication with TRU/BRU.

Mommy0608

So, for further clarification, I see the participating brands... so if I take in an old car seat (thinking of my AO), I can purchase ANY item in those brands, like a Graco diaper bag or Safety 1st gate (for example)? Or does it have to be an item that they are taking back, like cribs, car seats, etc.? Sorry, a little fuzzy on the details. :eek:

Also, does the old car seat have to be expired? My AO is not close to expiring, but I have no use for it and it's the old one with the same shell height as the SS1, so I doubt I'd be able to sell it for much. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

gsdguenter

That's how I got my CA for $199.99. I traded in my Scenera and got 20% off of the CA. Plus, we're lucky enough to have no sales tax here so it was under $200, well 1 penny under, but still, that's how I justify it to DH:whistle:

Northriver

I wonder what they are going to do with all that "stuff"? Will they really properly destroy expired baby products? I think this is kind of scary, to be perfectly honest.

I've got a ton of old baby "junk" around here, I'm going to have to decide asap if I want a new seat.

Anyway, thank you SO MUCH for posting!!!

UtesFan

I work at a Babies R Us and I can assure you everything is going to be destroyed. Every item that is brought back has to be logged in a book and verified when the returns go back and all the pallets will be sent back the the DC and destroyed on spot.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC