Spare seat question

Splash

Once Sam moves out of the SS1, I have no spare seat. Right now, the BV is acting as the spare (and after today and Charlie peeing in the seat, first time in his life, AJ understands why I demand we haev a spare). Once Sam is in the BV, what do I get? Charlie is too tall for me to bother with another Britax seat, it would really be pointless. AJ hates the Radian and it doesn't install well in her vehicle. So if I want only *1* seat as a spare, what to do?

Keep a combination seat and if we have to use it for Sam at any point, have him FF? Or get another convertible and when Charlie outgrows that get a booster as his spare? That means two seats, though, which I had wanted to avoid.

Sam will move out of the SS1 sometime in the next few months, but we'll still have it and he'll likely fit until ~18 months. At that point, I could probably handle him being FF if he HAD to be. It would really only be for one ride, then whenever the other parent got home it wouldn't be a big deal anymore (I'm thinking like today, something happens and she needs another seat. By the time I got home, she could have mine).

ADS

Maedze

How do you feel about the True Fit, the Alpha Omega or the Complete Air? They all have taller shells than the big Britaxes.

Splash

The AO would be a good choice, and i thought of it, and I just might do that. He'll weight out of it eventually, but not before he's five or so. But I think he'll weight out of that at pretty much the same time he'll height out of a MA, and a MA is cheaper. I love the TFs but neither of my kids could use them because of the insanely short crotch strap. The CA I would end up making a primary seat, but he'll also weight out of that right around the time he'll be too tall for a MA. If I wanted to stick to one seat, i think my only option would be a GN. If only the crotch strap was a little longer/deeper on the TF... it was my dream seat except for that.

FrogJuice

I really think the the case of you only wanting one spare, I would go with the 3 in 1 that way you can use it rear facing, forward facing, and even though it doesn't make a great booster, you can use it as one, and it's only a spare.

Maedze

I'd go with the AOE too, although I'll beat you with a dead shark if you use it as a booster.

It should fit both S and C for the duration, though.

Splash

I love my children, I would not put them in any Cosco booster. That would completely defeat the point of a seat to begin with.

Evolily

How about the evenflo symphony? It's a 3 in 1 that makes a halfway decent booster. The 40 lb weight limit sort of stinks, though.

mommaon112903

I am not 100% certain if the Evenflo Triumph Advance is any taller than the Britaxes, but what about it? I was just thinking of this one since it is easy to adjust the harness height.

sunnymw

Yes, IIRC the EFTA is a hair taller than the Britaxes. But I think the crotch strap is still kinda short, no?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC