Replacing crashed seats... VERY trivial really...

WhatAboutPuppy

Disclaimer: I'm very stressed in a few aspects of my life right now so I think that's why I'm fixating on something so miniscule in comparison... or maybe it's not. But anyway...

DH was hit when a lady ran a red light Tuesday. The boys weren't in their seats but he was injured and the car wasn't driveable... it was towed to the shop. The seats were a CowMoo BLVD CS and a Red Rock Frontier.
My question is what seats should I replace them with?
Should I get the Berkshire CS and Canyon Frontier (so I can keep the crashed covers as back ups for BOTH).
Or should I get Hampton XT (RF another 5 pounds) and the uh... Gray (whatever the name is) Frontier?

Totally trivial I know.

I love option one... but I lose 5 pounds of RF-ness.

Oh, and thank god for crumple zones, insurance, workman's comp., so many things. Sigh...

ADS

NannyMom

Does the Radian install well in that car? If so, I'd probobly go with that. It'll last longer FF too, with higher top slots.

WhatAboutPuppy

Thank you. The XT does install well, we have one already... in my car. So technically when he hits the RF limit of BLVD he'll use the XT in both cars for 5 pounds.

I'm thankful in that respect also, we had an extra set of seats in my car so we can "patiently" wait for the money before having to buy new seats.

I just love the BLVD so much with no real basis on it... the XT isn't bad at all!!

Thanks again.

WhatAboutPuppy

How old is he? Is this 5 pounds the difference between 2.5 and 3, or 4 and 5?

Now days I'm not sure honestly... his 1 year check up he was 28 pounds. he's had medical problems this year and is now just 29.5 pounds at 22 months. With (if I measured correctly) a 15 inch torso.
I'm not concerned with FF in the seat so much cuz we have two Frontiers that can be handed down to him.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
He's not even 2 yet, and 30lbs.. I would definitely replace with a seat that will give you another 5+lbs to rear-face.

This might be an opportunity for a 40lb RF seat ;)

-Nicole.

WhatAboutPuppy

He's not even 2 yet, and 30lbs.. I would definitely replace with a seat that will give you another 5+lbs to rear-face.

This might be an opportunity for a 40lb RF seat ;)

-Nicole.

he already has a 40 lb rf seat (xt) we would be buying a second to replace the blvd.

I think also my problem is that Judi liked the tan combo!! GRR!!
It would look sharp with the tan interior of his car... cuz knowing our luck, they wont total it!
They're up to $4300 in repairs and haven't even done more than walk around it.

Thanks for putting up with me.
I'm definitely leaning towards another xt... I just don't really like the seat. the ONLY thing I like is the 5 pounds. Sigh.

Splash

I'd get another BV. Don't get a seat you don't like just in case maybe there might be a need someday to maybe RF longer. Not worth it. Get what you like. If he were 34 pounds right now, it might be different, but he's not.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Hey now....you brought up that it would match the car, and I agreed! Also, remember today, I said I liked option B, because of the 40 lbs limit. Buuuut, since you already have a 40 lbs seat, I am now going back the option A.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC