What to buy???!

honeydew

I need to buy a convertible carseat that would work for a RF toddler, FF (40 lb) 2 yo and FF 3 yo, adjusts easily and installs well in a 2005 Toyota Corolla. I would only be transporting 1 of these children at a time. With the FF 3 yo, I will occasionally have his older brothers, who ride in HBB (not sure which ones).

I really, really want to get a Cocorro because they're so cute, but that's not practical b/c of the 2 yo's weight. So, I was thinking the True Fit is my best bet. Is that right? I want a seat that has a no-rethread harness and a higher weight limit. With those criteria, I think my options are True Fit, EFTA and AOE with the 50 lb. limit.

Would you recommend the True Fit in this case?

Thanks!!

ADS

NannyMom

I would have recommended the True Fit until you mentioned 2 older brothers in boosters. I really doubt that would fit in your car. The Britax Boulevard is easy to adjust harness height as well (no rethread harness), and usually pretty easy to install. The Evenflo Triumph Advance also has a no rethread harness, but is wider, like the True Fit.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The True Fit fits well in a Corolla but when rear-facing at a more upright angle, does tend to bury the adjuster and you will need noodles, most probably, to get it within the 35 degree-45 degree window.

The Boulevard is a breeze to install in the Corolla as well. However it might not fit a tall 3 year old well...

The EFTA I tried did not fit well outboard, the knobs got buried. It might have fit better center but I didn't try it.

The AOE is a pain to get in in the Corolla; you'd want to take the base off. Once you do it's still a pain, but less so. However it fits well and is fairly easy to use.

The AOE is probably your best bet for fitting 2 boosters with it (and you may have to get new boosters depending on what they're in, it will all depend.) You'd definitely need the base off. The EFTA and True Fit both take up well more than one seat in the Corolla, that would probably be a no-go. The Boulevard, it would depend on how they puzzle (the base might make it possible with some boosters.)

I suppose you can also consider the Complete Air.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC