Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Radian XT #$%^

Carseat Crazy

Radian XT #$%^

I'm so pissed. I just received my son's new XT (Diapers.com ROCKS!!!) in the Rio fabric. It's a gorgeous shade of red but the stupid fabric is so scratchy that it feels like sandpaper. I called Sunshine Kids to give them that feedback and the person that answered the phone (who was very nice, btw, but clueless) said that she had never gotten that feedback before. How could she not have? I'm supposed to have my baby's skin up against THAT???

Grrrrr.

Jessie

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Radian XT #$%^

I feel your pain!

I also called and complained and they sent me a new Nassua cover.

Sarah- mama to
    Jackson - 7 years - ProBooster
    Maiya - 5.5 years - SureRide

Have you actually gotten your nassau, though? I'm waiting for confirmation that you have it before I order another one. I'm also hoping to somehow make the deal work so I don't have to order from SKJP directly.
    I'm glad you're a safe driver. I'm eating cereal and applying mascara using my rear view mirror while playing bejeweled on my iPhone. And I'm driving right behind you. 
    You're only as safe as the most dangerous driver on the road. Buckle accordingly.  

Don't tell me this! I'm getting a Rio to match our Recaro Crimson and Ferrari booster in DH truck. We need a Radian, maybe I'll go with the gray from the get go We don't need the seat till spring, maybe a new material will be out by then?!
    DD 14 yo adult seatbelt (in booster till 12 yo!)
    DD 9 yo (RF till 5.5yo in MA!) Parkway, Vivo & Clek Olli
    DS 3/4/10 RF Britax MA & RF Radian XTSL

CPS Advocate

I liked the fabric on the Rio My kid rode in it for a week and he never complained.

Carseat Crazy

Try putting the strap covers up against the side of your neck. Uck.

It's pretty warm here--my kids wear shorts and tank tops. I wouldn't want my bare legs and arms on that.

I called SK again and got a different rep. She told me that she would send a nassau cover but they won't have them until Sept. Crap. I guess I should just send the stupid thing back ?????

Jessie

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    Have you actually gotten your nassau, though? I'm waiting for confirmation that you have it before I order another one. I'm also hoping to somehow make the deal work so I don't have to order from SKJP directly.
    Yup, I got it the other day. Too bad it arrived ripped in 2 places and the memory foam is ripped in half (not a big problem because I use the memory foam out of the Rio cover, just annoying). They are dealing with it (and my other many issues) though.

Sarah- mama to
    Jackson - 7 years - ProBooster
    Maiya - 5.5 years - SureRide

Just some feedback on the Nassau cover...be very carful when cleaning it. I put mine through the wash (gently cycle cold wash in front loader) and its not holding up very well. My son has already picked a hole in the seat of fabric (seems very thin to me). But I do love the softness of the cover and its easy to take the cover on/off which is great.
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt
    DD2 8y/o 45" 52lbs. backless
    DS 7y/o 51" 58lbs. ProBooster or backless

Senior Community Member Laurette's Avatar

Is Nassua the girly print?
    Former CPST/Mommy to
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/nlgm2006/IMG_0508-1.jpg
    adding a new seat to my Mazda5 in June!

Quote Originally Posted by firemomof3 View Post
    Just some feedback on the Nassau cover...be very carful when cleaning it. I put mine through the wash (gently cycle cold wash in front loader) and its not holding up very well. My son has already picked a hole in the seat of fabric (seems very thin to me). But I do love the softness of the cover and its easy to take the cover on/off which is great.
    Yep. I picked at a sticky spot and the fuzz came off. Fortunately it was a tiny spot but it was the replacement for how easy the other cover ripped! Mine also has snap issues, the male side on the seat itself is no longer holding the snap well. I still like the seat, I just wish I could like the cover better. Does any one know if the Malibu is any better?
    If I'm here tell me to get back to writing
    Writing, dreaming, homeschooling mom to Beth, 10-03, and Ciara, 6-06
    http://dreamingatthesouthdam.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Laurette View Post
    Is Nassua the girly print?
    No, that is Malibu. Nassua is the gray.
    If I'm here tell me to get back to writing
    Writing, dreaming, homeschooling mom to Beth, 10-03, and Ciara, 6-06
    http://dreamingatthesouthdam.wordpress.com/

Carseat Crazy

I also had the plush (malibu) cover "lose it's fuzz" when cleaning gently. Pulled a stuck raisin off of it and the material went with it. I called though and they're sending me a new one since I've had it for two whole weeks.

I don't get the whole issue surrounding the 'scratchy' Rio fabric. It's not that scratchy IMO. It's mesh, which isn't going to be soft like a velour cover, but it's not like sandpaper... IMO.
    dd1 - 8y6m, hbb PWSGL
    dd2 - 7y3m, hbb PWSGL
    dd3 - 4y3m, ff advocate/frontier xt

I am still waiting for my replacement cover also. I am still getting another Rio. I don't think it is crazy rough against their skin, but it is not as nice as the mesh on their Monterey seats. My biggest gripe with it is that the Rio cover is not as durable. I will be more careful with the velcro shoes with the replacement cover. IF it ever gets here.
    DD1 12 years old--seatbelt, DS 9 years old--Monterey
    DD2 3 years old RFing in XTSL

I was just thinking, these car seat companies must hate us car seat board people! I bet other folks just use the seat until it dies and throw it away.
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

Carseat Crazy

Feels scratchy to me--it's rough and not soft. I would not want those strap covers against my neck. I asked a few people at work what they thought and they agreed with me. If I compare that to the mesh on our Monarch it's like sandpaper. I hate it--guess it's just a subjective thing.
    Jessie

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cookie123 View Post
    I was just thinking, these car seat companies must hate us car seat board people! I bet other folks just use the seat until it dies and throw it away.
    No, they use it until it dies and give it to their cousin/neighbor/person on Freecycle/sell it on Craigslist.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Yeah, I guess that's more accurate!
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG