Should I go back to latch- install problems with 09 Town Car

aracari

My mother in law just traded her 05 for a 09 Lincoln town car. Well the new ones have shorter belts and I can't install Brody's Frontier LBP anymore. UGH!! I tried SBP and it was not tight.

I looked in the car manual and it said LATCH to 48 pounds. Brody is 38# so that is okay but he has a 22 pound car seat. I searched some posts and can't get a real feel for how they decide the wieght the anchor can hold. I read here maybe 65 pound pull test. If this is true we are pushing it with a heavy car seat.

I am going to try a SBP again next visit and try the center belt too. If that is a no go, should just go back to latch for now. He is not 40# yet to just use the seat in booster mode and he turned 4 in April.

I have a decathlon. I could get out of the attic and install for a bit. He is 42.5 inches tall so that won't last too long.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
He's got 10 pounds since the Frontier states that the limit is 40 pounds, unless the car states otherwise, which it does. No worries.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC