$212 for an XT- would you?

Splash

I returned the other XT I bought because I hated the cover (loved it, but so uncomfortable). But the seat fit great. Charlie didn't like it, but that's because Charlie worships at the base of his Marathon. But once Sam moves from the SS1 to the BV (he could make another 8 months or so, but we're moving him as soon as he's got the whole "sit up unassisted" thing mastered) then I have no spare seats. None. CC and MA in my car, GN and BV in the van. I sold my FN with the intent of financing the RN.

AJ doesn't think I should do it, she doesn't see the need for a spare seat. She doesn't particularly care if I do it, she's not gonna get mad or anything, she just thinks it's pointless. I DO see the need for a spare seat, especially one I can fold and store under a bed. Plus I am almost positive I can install it center in my dad's truck and get Charlie out of reach of the airbags, have him riding center, and give my dad enough room to maneuver. Even if it had to go outboard (which I still think/hope I could do), I am pretty sure he would be well out of reach of the airbag even if it did go off.

So, for $212, which is less than I got for the FN, would you do it? My big hold up is the fear that Nassau will be too too hot. But... $212. That's almost stealing.

ADS

emandbri

I would get it. There are also rumors of new covers in the fall, maybe you will like one of the new ones and could sell that one.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I just got ordered one in that same print (for the same price!), for our back up vehicle. I really really wanted the SIP...and I went with the Radian because of it's high ratings without the use of a tether (I can't get tethers installed in this truck). Yes, it's expensive for a spare....but that doesn't mean they don't deserve to be as safe as possible when they are in it.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
BUT, they are back ordered. Are expecting a shipment this week. At that price, I'm willing to wait the week. :)

Blondie87

15OFF coupon now says it's unvalid and has reached the max number of uses.

:(

I would get it though... $212 is cheap!

mommy2jasmine

Maybe I'm impaired, but I went to the site and was clicking around and couldn't get the 15off code to work. I tried caps locked and everything...It said I'd already reached the max # of coupons for this order, or something like that. I'm not planning on getting one right now, but I wanted to go check it out anyway. I probably won't go back to check after this, but maybe this will help if someone else is having a similar problem. I also tried starting from scratch and manually typing in "hipmonkey.com" and going from there. I got all the way to the part where you add the code and the same thing came off.

romanoma

Yes I would get it. We have that cover, and it is warm, but we just crank up the AC and DS is fine.

Was it the rio you had that wasn't comfortable? I love the look of that cover!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
It's not working now for some reason, but it's still showing on their site. I would call if you are wanting to order and see what the deal is. The code is supposed to be valid until the end of the year from what I've heard.

Splash

Okay, I'm ticked. I had it in my cart, coupon applied, everything working fine, and then when I went to checkout it wouldn't let me use it anymore. Nope, not spending $250 on it (I'd get the Air instead, which I lusted over mightily today). 212 was well worth it, 250 I can get it cheaper locally.

elle7715

What about the diapers.com deal? They'll price match babycatalog.com's price with their coupon code if you call. You then go into your cart, apply another 10% off code, a $10 code if you're a new customer, and voila...cheaper and free shipping. You can go through bing.com to get 10% cash back.
ETA: Here's the post explaining it. A few people on here got upgraded to overnight shipping also. http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=925268&postcount=16

Splash

How many seats do you have?

5, but one is an infant seat. So once he is out of the infant seat, I'll have four. 1 for each kid for each car, no spares. I NEED a spare. It makes me twitchy to think of not having one.

emandbri

I thought of another reason for you to buy it, if you use it as a spare Charlie might grow to like it and you will have a seat for him when he gets too tall for the MA.

Pixels

Don't forget about the tech discount. Even with shipping, mine was under $212.

Are you thinking about literally storing it under a bed? The 65 would fit better because of no headwings. I'm thinking your dad would be able to see past it easier, too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC