My carseat shuffle

featherhead

Note: Apparently you CAN watch the DVD player when rear-facing:)

My parents invited us to go the the "valley" yesterday. They have a new Honda Odyssey, I'm guessing an '08. So I brought the carseats over there to get them installed. First I installed Kezi's EFTA behind the driver's seat. Then I tried to install Selah's Radian. Finally I decided to put it center in the back. I thought it was all good. I would sit beside Selah in the back, and DH would sit in the middle row with Kezi, my parents of course would be in the front. Then my mom told me that my nephew "R" was going to be coming with us as well. He hadn't wanted to come (his family was coming too) cause he wanted to watch a movie. So his mom told him maybe he could go with grandma, since grandma's van has a dvd player. So my dad brought the van over there so my sister could install R's seat. When we go over to put our kids in the van, R's Radian is now in the center back (he is FF), and Selah's is outboard, behind Kezi. I checked Selah's seat and it was no longer tight, plus the base wasn't touching the seat, cause there wasn't enough room. So, we pondered it for a while. The Radian only worked RF center back. If I put it on the side in the back the captains chair had to be moved all the way forward, so it made it unusable. The FF Radian could only be center back, or in one of the captains chairs (only seats with top tethers). There is no way the EFTA could fit rear-facing beside the rear-facing Radian. So our options were, two seats in the captains chairs (FF Radian and RF EFTA) and Radian rear-facing center back, or one of the kids had to go with my sister. Of course with the first option there was no way for DH and I to climb into the back. Then I had a brainwave... I went and got Kezi's Keyfit. So I put that in the back, driver's side, Radian FF center, and EFTA rf in the driver's side captains chair. Everyone was happy:) Selah liked riding in Kezi's EFTA, and she could even crane her neck and watch Veggie Tales!

(Sorry this was so long, it was just fun and I had to share:))

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Hehe, glad you got things worked out. :)

I think I missed the update post after you bought the EFTA - how are you liking it?

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Wait, so your sibling took your kid's RN out of the center seat where it fits, put her kid's RN there instead, and put your RN on the side not even sitting on the seat?

I'd have been ripping my brother a new one.

featherhead

So far I'm really liking the EFTA:) It fits Kezi very well, and is very easy to install. I'm going to start saving up money now, though, to get an XT, cause I'm pretty sure Kezi will reach 30 lbs before I'm ready to FF her.

I wasn't upset with my sister, just a little confused at first. I didn't know there weren't tether anchors outboard in the back. And she's not used to installing the Radian rear-facing, so she didn't realize it wasn't installed properly. But we figured it all out:)

And yesterday I was even able to get the Radian and EFTA installed side by side in my Malibu. I didn't think it was possible, but I did it:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC