Double stroller rec for a friend please

April

Gah! I really know nothing about strollers. So I'm calling on you all to help me rec a double stroller for my friend. She wants something KeyFit compatible (already bought the seat) that the seat can attach to, and can fit her average sized 2.5yo (will be 3 when baby is born).

She has her heart set on a Bumbleride something or the other, and we had originally looked at the Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem. Opinions on those two? The Bumble ride is $890 + tax in Canada. :eek: We'd like to keep it $600 or less if possible.

ADS

aja

the bumbleride is pretty dreamy and luxurious. :love: but the kolcraft is a pretty cool stroller, too. the kolcraft seemed difficult to steer to me.

i have the graco quatro tour duo and it is very nice to steer, but it's not very high quality. IMO it has the best features and is easier to use than any of the other ones i tried out. it is cheap, though. i'm not sure what infant seats do or do not fit in it. we use out snugrides in it some.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Funny you should say that, I found the Graco Quattro Tour Duo to be a beast to steer and the Kolcraft Contours Double to be pretty easy. The Graco strollers only take Graco infant seats, though. The Contours definitely works with the Keyfit.

I've never got to play with a Bumbleride double in person.

jewlsvern

I bought the Kolcraft options to use when DS is born. I just put it together yesterday. I :love: it and so does DD. I had to put her in the stroller and push her around the house as soon as I was done. It was VERY easy to steer even around the hallway and in small rooms. It is long but pushes so easily. I think it is very easy to use.

I love the options the stroller has and that I can use a car seat or regular seat. The basket below is huge and will hold whatever I need.

I also didn't like either Graco double stroller. The car seat really only fit well in the back spot and then DD couldn't recline in the front spot if she fell asleep. If I did try to swap them and put the car seat in the front spot and recline DD in the back so she could sleep the car set sat on her legs.

MY DD will be 2.5 when DS arrives.

southernbell

holy smokes!! i can't believe there is such a price difference for the bumbleride in canada, it is an awesome stroller, would she be at all interested in a sit and stand? my ds was 3 when dd was born and i used the joovy caboose ultralight, it has a universal carseat adapter, and steers wonderfully

April

Gah, I just talked to her and she insistsd on a double jogger that can attach the KeyFit. :rolleyes: So that leaves the Bumbleride, the Bumbleride, and uh...anything else other than the Bumbleride?

autumnlily

Valco Baby Tri-mode takes many different infant seat attachments and the BOB, I think.

How about Phil & Ted with doubles attachment or the side by side?

April

Valco Baby Tri-mode takes many different infant seat attachments and the BOB, I think.

Can you link me to a Phil & Teds double that you can attach an infant seat to? Like I said, I know very little about strollers, and apparently, my Google isn't working right cause I couldn't find a P & T side by side or one that has an infant seat attachment.

southernbell

i have the valco trimode i bought it and the bumbleride because i couldn't make up my mind, i kept the valco because it seemed a little roomier, it is an awesome stroller, the only thing i like better about the bumbleride other than its awesome looks:love: is the bumbleride had one huge basket underneath and the valco's has a dumb bar going through the center, so i can't fit my diaper bag down there, but yes the valco really rocks, i had the carseat adapter for it

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC