Pics of a nearly 6 year old who could still ride RF in the Radian

oxeye

Crazy - she'll be six in September. Her weight varies between 37-39 pounds and she is 43.5".

She has about 2" of hard shell above her head. And she is very, very sad that I won't let this be her seat! LOL (It is for DD2). She said that it is really comfortable RF.

I didn't buckle her in because I had just gotten the straps set for DD2. She was sitting up completely straight with her butt against the back of the seat. She may have had more room buckled in if the straps squished her down at all.

CIMG4856.jpg

CIMG4855.jpg

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My 5 year old is begging me to turn her RF. I have to weigh my 3 year old first, to see if she can go RF. If she can, she gets preference and the 5 year old waits until we get another seat that can RF her (the Complete Air could go more upright...)

emandbri

That is so very cool! I just posted in another thread that I tried my almost 6 year old and he had an inch and a half above his head. He is 48 lbs though. If they up the weight limit past 40 it will get a lot of kids rear-facing for a long time!

oxeye

My 5 year old is begging me to turn her RF. I have to weigh my 3 year old first, to see if she can go RF. If she can, she gets preference and the 5 year old waits until we get another seat that can RF her (the Complete Air could go more upright...)

I'd do it if she had more growing room - but at nearly six and so close to outgrowing I can't justify the cost of buying two more of them. She is so disappointed.

I need to buy one more for DS as it is now. The Rio was his in DH's car but I decided it took priority to use it for DD2 in my car since he rides in DH's car maybe once a month. I'll get another with the tech discount after the take the class next month so he can ride in DH's car again.

monstah

Geesh, my DS must really be huge. After seeing this thread and another similar one, I had DS jump into his sisters seat. Taken today, here he is at 3 years, 9 months old and 48 pounds.

Last edited:

emandbri

Geesh, my DS must really be huge. After seeing this thread and another similar one, I had DS jump into his sisters seat. Taken today, here he is at 3 years, 9 months old and 48 pounds.

Wow, he is big. I find it so fascinating how different kids can be. All my kids have had long legs though which totally makes a difference.

Jennifer check out this thread, he might have more room rear-facing.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=90612

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC