Is this RA missing something?

xxluckychicxx

A friend was/is going to let me borrow her RA to take on my trip. I completely trusted it, but now I'm not so sure.

She says she bought it new and hasnt done anything else car seat tabboo to it, but it looks like its missing something:

048-3.jpg

050-4.jpg

ADS

xxluckychicxx

Maybe because its missing the sticker? I dunno, it still looks like its missing something to me.

Now, what about the lockoff:

049-3.jpg

The DOM is 3/05.

sunnymw

As far as the metal bar thing goes, mine had black screws, I guess to keep the bar from sliding all the way out? It looks like yours has some other kind of stopper on the silver bar.

Here is what mine looked like. I sent the pics to Britax and they said it was fine (that both weren't touching the screws).

This is on a newer Boulevard (35lb version)

headwings006.jpg

headwings008.jpg

headwings007.jpg

xxluckychicxx

As far as the metal bar thing goes, mine had black screws, I guess to keep the bar from sliding all the way out? It looks like yours has some other kind of stopper on the silver bar.

Here is what mine looked like. I sent the pics to Britax and they said it was fine (that both weren't touching the screws).

This is on a newer Boulevard (35lb version)

See, thats how my BLVD and MA were, that's why I thought it looked funny.

Anyone with an RA wanna chime in?

ZanesMom

I just checked my RA (DOM 12/04) and it looks just like your's. I can take pictures in a bit if you would like. It's still stting naked in my living room, but ds is terriorizing everything right now so I have to wait for his nap time.

arly1983

ITs missing that little black guard thingie that goes over the straps so they will not get caught on anything (did you take off for pics?) but other than that, it looks just like my 05 RA....

xxluckychicxx

ITs missing that little black guard thingie that goes over the straps so they will not get caught on anything (did you take off for pics?) but other than that, it looks just like my 05 RA....

No I knew that was missing, but its okay to use it without that, right?

Ducky5306

thats what I was thinking.. other then that is it missing the straps for LATCH? or are they just hiding in that picture :cool:

abigaylebelle

The only differences I can see between the seat in your pics and one of my roundabouts is the black harness cover on the back and a black piece that fits in the hole next to the rearfacing lockoff. I have no idea what the significance of that piece would be in terms of seat function.

jujumum

Here is the one I just sold with a DOM of 2005 or so. I don't see anything wrong in the first pic other than the black harness protector plate is missing. Only one side has the latch strap. My lockoffs face the other way - I replaced them and put the new ones the opposite way a couple of years ago.

I don't have a picture of my 2005 from the angle of the second pic. My 2008 RA has plastic pegs in those holes, and the metal part looks different, like sunnymw's one.

RoundaboutSide1.jpg

RASide.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC