Why you dont want to check your car seat

xxluckychicxx

:eek:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzmJr1a-BHU&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzmJr1a-BHU&feature=related[/ame] This (at about the 20 second mark) is exactly why you dont want to check your car seat.

ADS

elle7715

OK, why not maneuver the baggage cart thingie closer to the ramp? (My mind is failing me and I can't think of the right words.) It would save his back and be safer for the luggage.

There was a video clip on our local news a while ago that showed baggage carriers kicking and throwing luggage all over the place. I've never seen luggage treated well.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I watched a very similar display at the Calgary airport one day. :thumbsdown: I actually called DH over to see it it was so unbelievable. I can't understand why baggage handlers would behave that way in full view of passengers. :confused: (Not that it would be better if they couldn't be seen.)

mykidsmylife

That is why when I have to check seats they go in a seat bag surrounded by clothes and bubble wrap. Lets face it, not everyone can carry seats on board. :(

kanga

What about the big machines that sort luggage in the back. The impact from the push and the shove has got to be far more damaging. I always cringe watching baggage handlers moving carseats. I'd rather purchase a carseat at my destination and then donate it when we are finished. We go twice a year to south carolina and we have seats there for all 3 kids for that reason.

flipper68

Senior Community Member
OK, why not maneuver the baggage cart thingie closer to the ramp? (My mind is failing me and I can't think of the right words.) It would save his back and be safer for the luggage.

There was a video clip on our local news a while ago that showed baggage carriers kicking and throwing luggage all over the place. I've never seen luggage treated well.

Pretty much ignores ergnomics and lifting techniques (Rule #1 - thou shall not twist when lifting heavy or bulky objects.) Watching makes my back hurt. :thumbsdown:

U

Unregistered1

Yup, saw this in person in Atlanta a couple weeks ago. Guy threw a marathon like three times. I was so shocked I gasped loud enough that the other passengers stared.

abbi_n_nadia

OMG! I hadn't thought about that! I've checked our boulevard twice now! :eek: I took it on the plane once and I had such a hard time carrying it 15 rows back with no help that I didn't want to attempt it again. But now I'm worried! Do you think its ok? It was inside a bag but nothing around it to protect it! :( The foam in the headrest is cracked but I can't see anything else damaged.

Ugh! Do you think its safe to keep using it?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Or your laptop. I hope he was just having a seriously bad day. :mad:
Airlines recommend carrying all electronics in your carry on. For the reason that they don't want you to deal with complaining about damaged or stolen electronics and also that most airlines only cover you for a very small amount of lost/damaged items (like $250 or less) and not everyone gets extra insurance (and won't use their house insurance due to high deductible).

borntraci

DH works at an airport and he has seen this a few times. It is against most airlines policies. IF you ever see this, notify a flight attendant immediately and ask to speak to the gate agent. Tell the gate agent you want to report this issue to the ramp supervisor. Chances are the employee throwing car-seats will be terminated.

kate4478

Yep, I saw it happen before while sitting on the plane waiting to get off. I was watching a guy unload luggage out of a plane and the guy chuncked a MA into the trolley thingy and totally missed. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC