Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Graco Nautilus: crotch strap help

I've read the many posts about the challenges of the Nautilus crotch strap, but couldn't find this particular issue addressed.

The directions explain how to move the strap forward from one position to the next, but they only show moving it from one *cover* position to the next, not from the actual plastic slot the strap arrives in to the one in front of it. I'm working to get the strap completely removed from the seat so I can move it forward, but wonder if doing that isn't advised as it is incredibly difficult to do and b/c doing so isn't mentioned in the manual. I can't understand why there are two plastic slots exist if it can't be moved, but thought I best ask.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Graco Nautilus: crotch strap help

You angle the metal stopper on the other side and force it through the plastic and the cover. That gets it out. Then you move it to the next slot and push the metal flat through the cover and the plastic. Once it's through (and it may take some effort, it may not) you make sure the metal is flattened against the bottom of the seat again so it won't pull out of the seat and viola, you're done.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 61", 99#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 46", 54#, Diono Monterey, Chicco KidFit Zip Air
    in a 2015 BMW M235i, and my 2011 Mercedes E350 wagon

Unregistered

Thank you! I was doing exactly what you suggested, but was questioning whether it was the right thing to do. Sounds like it is.

Carseat Crazy

i found it very hard to move it too.

It was really difficult to move the crotch strap on my Bravo Nautilus, which I got within a month of their release). The Reese Nautilus that I got a few months ago was much easier, though.
    Daniele
    dd1 born/died 4/30/03
    ds1 11yo and 5 stepping it
    dd2 8yo and riding in a Parkway SGL
    ds2 4yo and riding in a Frontier CT and a Tranzitions