Combi Avatar

ADS

mominabigtruck

I have one and LOVE IT. I got it for my mom to use for her van for my baby when he was 5 months old and just out of his infant seat. He likes to be really reclined and her seats slant alot so the fact that it has a built in leveling base is great. It is a big seat, just to forewarn you, but it's no problem in a van with captains chairs. The recline is really easy to use, it reclines as much as an infant seat but the seat itself is really deep so there is lots of room. My baby is 24lbs and he is still using the infant insert, also the straps adjust with a push button like the britax seats. I haven't tried it with an older child so I don't know what to tell you about that. I got mine for $79 on clearance at albee baby I think with free shipping, so to me that's a pretty good deal. The only thing I don't like about it is it only rfs to 30 lbs and it has a puzzle type crotch buckle, which my mom hates. If you buy one make sure you read the manual, I was going to use it ff in my semi and couldn't figure out how to route the seatbelt so I'm going to have to get my manual out. The good thing about that though is my mom won't take the seat out because she can't figure out how to get it back in so that means I know I always have a good install.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
My only experience is w/ the Combi Victoria and it was a PAIN to install, I'm not sure I even got it in. lol Hopefully this one is easier to put in.

msantiago3

I have one and LOVE IT. I got it for my mom to use for her van for my baby when he was 5 months old and just out of his infant seat. He likes to be really reclined and her seats slant alot so the fact that it has a built in leveling base is great. It is a big seat, just to forewarn you, but it's no problem in a van with captains chairs. The recline is really easy to use, it reclines as much as an infant seat but the seat itself is really deep so there is lots of room. My baby is 24lbs and he is still using the infant insert, also the straps adjust with a push button like the britax seats. I haven't tried it with an older child so I don't know what to tell you about that. I got mine for $79 on clearance at albee baby I think with free shipping, so to me that's a pretty good deal. The only thing I don't like about it is it only rfs to 30 lbs and it has a puzzle type crotch buckle, which my mom hates. If you buy one make sure you read the manual, I was going to use it ff in my semi and couldn't figure out how to route the seatbelt so I'm going to have to get my manual out. The good thing about that though is my mom won't take the seat out because she can't figure out how to get it back in so that means I know I always have a good install.

Do you think this seat would be to big for an infant? Also when you say its a big seat what would you compare it to? I currently have a graco comfortsport and a graco safeseat2 and a britax marathon is it bigger then all of these?

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I really researched the Avatar for my youngest a few months ago, and decided against it because it only rear faces to 30 lbs and he was already 26 lbs. I was so tempted to buy it just because of the incredible sales that I found on it, but after reading LOTS of reviews (and because of the 30 lb rf limit) I decided against it.

mominabigtruck

I don't think it would be to big for an infant at all. The straps are really easy to adjust, even rfing. Actually your oldest is probably about the same size as my baby so he/she would fit fine too. It would probably be in line with a safeseat 2 sizewise, it's a heavy seat but when its rfing it doesn't take up as much space because of the way it reclines in the base, more like an infant seat then a regular convertible. It's hard to explain but it kind of rocks into the base so the top of the seat doesn't hit the back of your seat. It's not a hard seat to install, it has the built in locksoffs but they're under the seat cover instead of on the outside so you lift up the cover and run the belt through like that and then tuck the cover back on. Honestly I got a better install in the avatar in three different vehicles then I ever have with my blvd. I think it would kind of be a hassle if you had to change them around all the time, but with alot of seats you have to shove you hand up under the cover anyways so its actually easier to just pull up the cover and do what you have to and then put it back down.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC