adults in a limo

NannyMom

I know this isn't carseat related. But I thought because people here tend to be very safety minded, I thought this would be a good place to ask :)

I know limos aren't the safest way to ride. Too many horrible accidnets. But that's because people don't buckle up in them. Right?

If you knew everyone in the limo would buckle up, and remain that way, would you be comfortable riding?

Or is the side facing seat more of a safety issue? Or do limos mostly only have lap belts? It's been awhile since I've been in one.

Some friends are discussing getting a limo for a 'girl's night out'. And I know they will buckle up, even if I have to refuse to get in the limo :)

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The last limo I was in had no side facing seats, front- and back-facing only. They were full sized, original seats, and all positions had lap/shoulder belts. It even had 2 positions with full LATCH and a third with a tether on the front-facing seats!

Not sure if that's typical, but that's what the last one I was in had. :) I felt totally safe in it, everyone in my family buckles up and the driver was good (we went with a highly-recommended company known for their good driving.)

NannyMom

Maybe it's a difference of limo vs stretch limo? The last ones I was in (several years ago) had side facing seats. A family I worked for would often use a Limo as means of transportation to/from the airport. It was cheaper when traveling with 9-10 people (including 4-5 kids that probobly didn't even buckle).

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It may also have to do with the model of limo (what company it's made by) and how old it is.

That will vary from company to company. If you're the one scheduling the limo you can call and ask, I suppose.

achs74

I know this isn't carseat related. But I thought because people here tend to be very safety minded, I thought this would be a good place to ask :)

I know limos aren't the safest way to ride. Too many horrible accidnets. But that's because people don't buckle up in them. Right?

If you knew everyone in the limo would buckle up, and remain that way, would you be comfortable riding?

Or is the side facing seat more of a safety issue? Or do limos mostly only have lap belts? It's been awhile since I've been in one.

Some friends are discussing getting a limo for a 'girl's night out'. And I know they will buckle up, even if I have to refuse to get in the limo :)

We recently rode in a stretch to the airport and were able to put both our kids carseats in the rear seat. I know there is a lap/shoulder belt there. I think the side seat also had belts, but I'm not really sure....because....I sat in the seat with my kids and my husband sat in the side seat.....unbuckled. I think there were belts. You could call the limo company and ask.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC