I did IT!

Spam

I did it! I bought the MR65. Went to another bru just to see if they had it (the one closest to me only has a model) and they had it. I had planned to wait for hopefully a better fashion, but it was too tempting and I had a coupon :whistle: But now, the decisions... keep the mr65 for ds or keep the blvd or tf. Dh says he can only have 2 seats :( Anyways.. on to pics DS is 32" and about 28lbs. 11 months yesterday! Oh, and his socks are not pink at the top they're orange :D
In house with ds in it (never mind the crying)
austinMR2009-05-31_4.jpg

Side by side Blvd, MR65, TF
austinMR2009-05-31_3.jpg

Half naked MR65
austinMR2009-05-31_5.jpg

MR65 in car
austinMR2009-05-31.jpg

TF in car (my mom used it earlier for my neice, I didn't realize the harness adjuster was the first slots, normally he's on the second, getting close to being just at the third.)
austinMR2009-05-31_1.jpg

BLVD in car
austinMR2009-05-31_2.jpg

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
This is why I can't have a MyRide. :( My daughter is a bit taller than your son, and more of her is in the torso. I look at the amount over his head, and the amount my daughter has in her Radian-- she's going to outgrow either one by height first (probably before 35 lbs. :( ) but she's going to outgrow the MyRide a lot sooner than the Radian. :(

Chex

I really can't believe that for a high-weight seat, it's so not-extra-tall. It's a bit disappointing to me. I think it's great for the extra-chubby kids, but what about the tall/lean kids? I guess you just can't please everyone.

I really am glad that SOMEBODY came out w/a higher-RF-weight-limit seat, though, even if I'll never use it. I hope that it pushes other companies to up their RF limits.

ETA: Oh, and yeah, I agree w/Teri. I'd keep the MR and TF. They're going to last you the longest and probably be the most comfy for your kiddo.

*jen*

Thanks for posting "real" pictures of the BRU myride. The cover looked hideous to me in the online pics, but doesn't look so bad "in person". Do you like it? Did you happen to look at the walmart one and know if the BRU is softer/better?

I know, I know silly of me to care so much about the cover, but well..if I'm going to buy a new seat I want it to be cute for my chubby monkey! He isn't going to outgrow is SS1 for another couple months, but that BRU coupon is so tempting..what if they don't have one when I need it? I can't decide if I should wait for new seat patterns or just get one now!

Oh and sorry for the hijack!! :p

Spam

Yeah, I was thinking the TF and MR also. The TF is used in gma's van and is so easy for her to adjust to the different kiddos. But I :love: my pretty blue mosiac :(. My blvd of course has the 33lb rf weight limit, so I'm afraid he'll be reaching that before two.

Spam

Thanks for posting "real" pictures of the BRU myride. The cover looked hideous to me in the online pics, but doesn't look so bad "in person". Do you like it? Did you happen to look at the walmart one and know if the BRU is softer/better?

I know, I know silly of me to care so much about the cover, but well..if I'm going to buy a new seat I want it to be cute for my chubby monkey! He isn't going to outgrow is SS1 for another couple months, but that BRU coupon is so tempting..what if they don't have one when I need it? I can't decide if I should wait for new seat patterns or just get one now!

Oh and sorry for the hijack!! :p

I haven't seen the walmart one in person since they don't carry it in store. The cover is okay, seems plush enough. I like it better in person than the pics online of it. I've only had a couple of hours so haven't fully formed an opinion on it.

miraclebabies

Ohhh.... I want a MyRide so bad. I might have to sell my 4/06 MA to get one. It is used as our spare, but I would stick my other MA's in that car and use the MR as the main seat. If I like it so much I might have to buy two... but I dont know what cover I like the best, I think Sonata but the BRU one is really cute to. If and when #3 is a boy than the Sonata ones wouldnt work. Hmm, gonna have to make a run to the BRU today.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC