I was wondering what age and what slot your child is on the Britax Regent?

ADS

HEVY

DD will be 6 next week and is on the third slot (second from top) completely upright without recline bar. And on the top slot using the recline bar.

MomToEliEm

DD#1 was just moved out of the regent today. At 7 years 2 months old, her shoulders are now past the top slot (full upright position without recline bar; she outgrew the seat with the recline bar last year)

DD#2 is 4.5 years old and is on the 2nd slot from the top.

heyruthie

DS1 just got his Regent today! Thank you, fouros! When I tried him in the Regent at the store ("installed" on their test bench with no recline bar) he was on the second to the top. But today, installed with the recline bar, he's on the top slots :( But he still has some growing room, and I really only need him in it for another 6-12 mos. (He just needs a *little* more maturity to stay seated well in his booster!--the past 3-4 months in the booster have been BAD!)

DS1 is 6--and will be 7 in July. He's actually a bit tall for his age.

Also, FWIW, he *easily* buckled and unbuckled himself IMMEDIATELY the first time he sat in the seat!

Murphy's Law

Dd is 4 and a half, 39" and 36 pounds (at her 4 yr. visit, she was 10th percentile for height, 30th for weight, I think) and dead even with the second slot up. Some days I think she might be a hair above, so I'm thinking we'll go to the third slot, but it feels weird because it's coming out near her ears!

myliljunebugs

DD fits like pp's dd. She is 40 inches 40lbs and is dead even with the second slot. I moved it to the next to top just to be on the safe side.

loufrando

My dd is 5 (will be 6 at the end of August) and she's using the 2nd to top slots. She's pretty much even with the slot though, so she'll be moving up soon. FTR though, she's been on that slot for like 2.5 years. It's taking a long while, even though she's grown like 10 inches in total height, lol. She's 97+ for height.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
7 years old, stats are in my siggy and he's on the 2nd from the bottom.. I could probably move them up though. I may be brave and do that this weekend.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
DD is almost 4, and she just moved to the top slots. When she gets in, she's right above the 2nd-from-top slots, but after she settles in she's right below.

my3girls

My dd is 6 years, 7 months and she is in the top slots, but really just over the 2nd from the top. If it helps you estimate it, she's one of the top 5 tallest kids in her Kindergarten class of 21.

Morganthe

DD is 5 years, 8 months - second slots from top & no recline bar. Possibly the next time I remove the seat, I'll move them up to the next level.

With the regent and those huge holes for t he slots, it's so vague about 'when' exactly to switch, imo. :shrug-shoulders:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Bekah is 4 and is between the 2nd and 3rd slot, depending on car.

Tyler outgrew it, pre-adv at 10 years.

HEVY

Yeah, you're right. That huge difference between top and second to top is ridiculous. Well probably with all the slots, but those are the only two I've used. I guess they wanted to make it easy to thread :shrug-shoulders:

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
My DBK just turned 6 and is on the top slots, slated to outgrow it the next couple months, by ears. They're almost even with the top of the shell - maybe 3/4 inch at best.

solmama

My dd is 5yrs3mos, and is even with the 2nd slot from the top. I'll have to check-I may need to move it up. She's grown quite a bit lately.

twinsmom

My kids just turned 4, and are just about even with the second-to-top slots. They are both a little over 40" tall.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC