S/O from Fed. Law keeps Volvo from offering safer child seats - RFing in front seat vs. back seat

Adventuredad

I can't imagine RF anyone in the front, let alone putting a child in the front period. But I love those seats.

That is the reaction of many people but reality is different. Rear facing in the front seat (AIRBAG DISABLED) has been proven many years ago by researchers to be as safe (or safer) than rf in rear seat. This is no longer even debated among researchers or in Sweden.

well, medical experts may know mor about developmental physiology, but regarding the safety relationship between RF and children's musculo-skeletal development, i'd actually say volvo is more qualified to comment than medical experts, as they are the ones that did all that research before anyone else.

Volvo has done an enormous amount of research on accidents and started studying safety in depth ages ago. They were also a large part of the Isofix system. Not sure how much can be credited to them but I think they have proven to take safety very seriously during the past 40 years. Volvo cars today are quite good but don't forget that they long lived ion just being a safe car. We used to call them "tractors" over here in the 70-80's.:)

This is why I'm skeptical about the whole "Swedish seats are incompatible with US cars" argument. If the govt will allow the seats under certain medical conditions, do they really have the fear that the seat is unsafe or incompatible with US cars, or is it more of a political issue.

Cars used in Sweden are virtually the same as cars used in US, Canada, Germany, Australia etc. In reality, it's very rare to have a Swedish seat not fit in a vehicle. Exceptions might be if trying to install a large seat in a very tiny car or installing a seat in the middle rear where the car has a large "tunnel" (foot prop might not work properly). It's simply very rare for a Swedish seat not to fit into a car of any nationality.

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Re: Fed. Law keeps Volvo from offering safer child seats

That is the reaction of many people but reality is different. Rear facing in the front seat (AIRBAG DISABLED) has been proven many years ago by researchers to be as safe (or safer) than rf in rear seat. This is no longer even debated among researchers or in Sweden.

In the US, there is no debate, either, because it has been shown time and again that the rear seat is safer, airbag or no. Children under age 13 should not sit in the front seat unless there is no safe seating position in the rear. Additionally, a rear facing seat should NEVER, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES be placed in front of an active frontal airbag, period.

The seat being discussed above is in front of an airbag that has been turned off (likely, the seat has a chip in it that disables the airbag when it is installed in that seating position). If one MUST transport a rear facing child in the front seat, this is the way to do it. If possible, however, the child restraint should be installed in the back seat.

Adventuredad

In the US, there is no debate, either, because it has been shown time and again that the rear seat is safer, airbag or no. Children under age 13 should not sit in the front seat unless there is no safe seating position in the rear. Additionally, a rear facing seat should NEVER, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES be placed in front of an active frontal airbag, period.

The seat being discussed above is in front of an airbag that has been turned off (likely, the seat has a chip in it that disables the airbag when it is installed in that seating position). If one MUST transport a rear facing child in the front seat, this is the way to do it. If possible, however, the child restraint should be installed in the back seat.

Your mixing up basic safety with usability. A rear facing seat in the front passenger seat (AIRBAG DISABLED) is as safe regardless of country. The statement "as safe as the rear seat" apply regardless if that rear facing seat is installed in a car in Sweden , US, Mexico, France, Australia or any other nation. This has been proven by researchers long time ago and is not debated any longer in the research community. Please speak to some expert who works with this on a daily basis and he/she will tell you the same. Not a pencil pusher a some organization, someone who actually works with this. Mention the front seat being less safe for a rear facing seat with airbag disabled with switch/key/service location to a real expert and they will laugh. I know since I've asked the question many times.

THere are also car and car seat manufacturers (Britax, Volvo, BeSafe to name a few) saying this together with world class safety organizations and crash test facilities who experience from front seat installs for 50 years.

Now, over to usage and real life.....:) US has no experience with having rf seats in the front passenger seat. Therefore there can't be any statistics showing the front seat being less safe. More importantly, airbags in US can't be disabled (there are a few exceptions) which means every parent who has a child in the front seat is making a large mistake regarding safety.

It's hardly surprising to have US data showing front seat being less safe when no kids should be there at all since the airbag can't be disabled. It would be a huge mystery if this wasn't the case.

You mention kids under 13, I only mention rear facing kids with an disabled airbag. Kids who are not rf in the front seat are safer in the rear, no argument there.

Since airbags can't be disabled in US one can't recommend people using that spot. But this doesn't change the basic safety fact of the front passener seat being as safe for a RF child if airbag is disabled.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member

Sorry, this has been debated over and over and I'm still not convinced that RF'ing in the front seat is safe, regardless of the fact that we cannot disable air bags in the front seat in the US. Research here shows it's not safe, and I trust that.

sparkyd

I had huge reservations about putting our convertible car seat RF in our two-seater truck (which has a switch for turning off the airbag). But, when I saw that the passenger seat had LATCH/UAS - meaning that use of a car seat in that position was considered acceptable - combined with the information that it is such a common practice in Sweden, I felt much better about it. We've had it installed since last September and I'm perfectly comfortable with it.

I don't think I would be as comfortable with it if we had to turn the seat FF, and thankfully we will no longer have that truck when that becomes an issue. I would never put a car seat in the front if you could not manually disable the airbag.

canadiangie

Your mixing up basic safety with usability. A rear facing seat in the front passenger seat (AIRBAG DISABLED) is as safe regardless of country. The statement "as safe as the rear seat" apply regardless if that rear facing seat is installed in a car in Sweden , US, Mexico, France, Australia or any other nation. This has been proven by researchers long time ago and is not debated any longer in the research community. Please speak to some expert who works with this on a daily basis and he/she will tell you the same. Not a pencil pusher a some organization, someone who actually works with this. Mention the front seat being less safe for a rear facing seat with airbag disabled with switch/key/service location to a real expert and they will laugh. I know since I've asked the question many times.

THere are also car and car seat manufacturers (Britax, Volvo, BeSafe to name a few) saying this together with world class safety organizations and crash test facilities who experience from front seat installs for 50 years.

Now, over to usage and real life.....:) US has no experience with having rf seats in the front passenger seat. Therefore there can't be any statistics showing the front seat being less safe. More importantly, airbags in US can't be disabled (there are a few exceptions) which means every parent who has a child in the front seat is making a large mistake regarding safety.

It's hardly surprising to have US data showing front seat being less safe when no kids should be there at all since the airbag can't be disabled. It would be a huge mystery if this wasn't the case.

You mention kids under 13, I only mention rear facing kids with an disabled airbag. Kids who are not rf in the front seat are safer in the rear, no argument there.

Since airbags can't be disabled in US one can't recommend people using that spot. But this doesn't change the basic safety fact of the front passener seat being as safe for a RF child if airbag is disabled.

Adventure Dad,

Can you talk more about this? What is it about a rf seat that makes it safer in the front seat than a ff seat?

(and, if anyone is around and cares to share where this thread came from that'd be great. is this one of those threads that was ripped from a thread on another forum? :confused:)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member

(and, if anyone is around and cares to share where this thread came from that'd be great. is this one of those threads that was ripped from a thread on another forum? :confused:)

It's a spinoff from the "federal law keeps Volvo from offering safer child seats" thread.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician

Adventure Dad,

Can you talk more about this? What is it about a rf seat that makes it safer in the front seat than a ff seat?

Not AD, but know the answer.

RFing cs perform better when braced since bracing 1, keeps the car seat in a more upright position so that the back of the shell is taking the force rather than letting the child ramp up and be "caught" by the harness 2, since the car seat is already against the forward structure it cannot strike it as it rotates.

Bracing is possible in the back seat, but the front seats are not as rigid as the dash and the bracing is not as stable.

By being braced against the dash the rfing car seat rides down the crash with the vehicle frame, thus transporting less force to the seat and the child, and also eliminating the potential added force of the front seat collapsing backward into the cs (the Volvo WHIPS system actually causes the front seats to collapse back somewhat on purpose)

A FFing car seat does not have this advantage. As the car seat moves toward the dash, the child can potentially hit. In this case, the padded, flexible back of the front seats are a better option of something to hit than the dash is.

FWIW, I agree with and have been told the same things regarding the safety of rfing cs in the front seat of vehicles without airbags. Real world data just does not support the claim that rfing children are getting more injuries in the front seat (without airbags) than the backseat. The main reason the back is safer in general is that it is farther from the point of impact. This just does not play out in real life for rfing cs because the child in a rfing car seat because the the spacing is virtually the same between the back of the front seat and the dash in the front seat. Therefore, the advantages to having a solid bracing surface equal out to the advantages of being farther back in the vehicle.

Also FWIW, this explanation comes from several conversations I have had with Volvo Sweden over the years. I *do* trust Volvo to know what they are talking about, considering they helped develop much of the equipment, including crash test dummies, that the safety industry uses to test cars and car seats.

sirrahn

Just a little tidbit about this. My parents work for a Swedish company. When I was pg. with my oldest (so 11+yrs. ago) I was talking with my dad's co-worker's wife :rolleyes: who had just had a baby a few months before. She mentioned that when they moved to the States, they had looked high and low to find a used car that didn't have a front passenger side airbag so that they could put their baby up front. She thought it was shocking that we put our babies in the back. She also mentioned that she really struggled with figuring out how her American seat was safe the way it "just buckled" into the car.

At the time, I just thought it was just kind of interesting (and honestly hadn't even thought much about car seats at that point), but as I got more into car seat safety and learned more about seats, it always kind of stuck in the back of my mind. I don't know that I find the Swedish death (or lack thereof) stats completely compelling being as they spend so much less time in their cars than we do overall, but I can't help but think that there may be something to the whole front seat thing.

canadiangie

Not AD, but know the answer.

RFing cs perform better when braced since bracing 1, keeps the car seat in a more upright position so that the back of the shell is taking the force rather than letting the child ramp up and be "caught" by the harness 2, since the car seat is already against the forward structure it cannot strike it as it rotates.

Bracing is possible in the back seat, but the front seats are not as rigid as the dash and the bracing is not as stable.

By being braced against the dash the rfing car seat rides down the crash with the vehicle frame, thus transporting less force to the seat and the child, and also eliminating the potential added force of the front seat collapsing backward into the cs (the Volvo WHIPS system actually causes the front seats to collapse back somewhat on purpose)

A FFing car seat does not have this advantage. As the car seat moves toward the dash, the child can potentially hit. In this case, the padded, flexible back of the front seats are a better option of something to hit than the dash is.

FWIW, I agree with and have been told the same things regarding the safety of rfing cs in the front seat of vehicles without airbags. Real world data just does not support the claim that rfing children are getting more injuries in the front seat (without airbags) than the backseat. The main reason the back is safer in general is that it is farther from the point of impact. This just does not play out in real life for rfing cs because the child in a rfing car seat because the the spacing is virtually the same between the back of the front seat and the dash in the front seat. Therefore, the advantages to having a solid bracing surface equal out to the advantages of being farther back in the vehicle.

Also FWIW, this explanation comes from several conversations I have had with Volvo Sweden over the years. I *do* trust Volvo to know what they are talking about, considering they helped develop much of the equipment, including crash test dummies, that the safety industry uses to test cars and car seats.

Thanks so much Kim. That's a very helpful explanation. :)

Evolily

Even with a foot prop it's safer in front?

I do see how it could be safer (I haven't reviewed the research) for a seat without a foot prop to be in the front WITH the airbag disabled. Simply because the dash prevents downward rotation. I would imagine any braced seat would be safer than an unbraced seat. However, isn't the foot prop suppose to effectively do the same job as a dash would in that scenario? Or am I missing something?

Adventuredad

The foot prop is there to give added stability. "Pros" install the rf seats with foot prop and leaning against front seat or dash board. The advice of isntalling seats without touching seat/dah is there for "force" parents to use the foot prop. Most seats are tested, unoffically, without a foot prop just in case a parents would disregard/forget about it. Most seats pass without foot prop as well.

About the rf in the front seat. I wrote an answer in another thread about this so will simply past it in. Not only has research proven this many years ago, it's also been used in real life since 1965. A high percentage of Swedish kids sit in the front seat with excellent results.

The information about rf in the front seat being as safe is not new and is stated on websites of Britax, BeSafe, Vovlo, VV (Swedish NHTSA), etc. I know that front seat istnalls of rf sets with deactivated airbag sounds weird for many but both real life usage and crash testing has proven it's a great place.

----

Front seat is a very good place from a pure crash test standpoint but there are also other factors which makes the front a very good place for a child. The dashboard offer excellent protection from frontal collisions, it's true that side impact collision is slightly better in middle rear though.

Researchers have shown the front is a good place many years ago and companies are not shy to say the same. Britax and Volvo say this on their websites and so does brands and testing facilities as well. Below you wll find a few public quotes which all say the same, the front seat is a good place for a rf child with deactivated air bag:

From Britax:

Statens Väg och Transportforsknings Institut (VTI) och Nationalföreningen för
Trafiksäkerhetens Främjande (NTF) utför krocktester och granskar svårt krockade bilar.
De anser att en bilbarnstol som placeras bakåtvänd i framsätet har en bra placering.

From Folksam (large insurance company very involved in car seat research)

Sätt barnet bakåtvänt

Risken att små barn dödas eller skadas svårt är 5 gånger större i framåtvända stolar än i bakåtvända. Det visar både vår egen och andras forskning. Säkrast är att åka bakåtvänt i framsätet med urkopplad krockkudde.

From VTI (Crash test facility which is among the highest refgarding in the world. Crash testing of car seats since 1960's)

Ur krocksäkerhetssynpunkt finns flera fördelar att ha barnet i framsäte utan krockkudde. Skaderisken är något lägre vid en frontalkrock om barnet sitter i en bakåtvänd stol lutad mot instrumentpanelen, jämfört med en bakåtvänd bilbarnstol i baksätet lutad mot framstolens ryggstöd.

From BeSafe (well respected car seat manufacturer in Europe. Their seats constantly win the "best in test awards")

Placeringen av bilbarnstol i främre eller bakre passagerarsätet är likvärdig ur krocksäkerhetssynpunkt. Däremot medger framsätet oftast större benutrymme, vilket gör att barn kan åka bakåtvänt högre upp i åldern. Därför ska vi så långt som möjligt tillgodose föräldrarnas krav på tillgänglighet till såväl främre som bakre passagerarsätena.

From Vägverket (NHTSA over here)

Ska barn sitta i framsätet eller baksätet
Baksätet är som regel säkrast – om man bara ser till riskerna vid en krock. Men det gäller inte för barn i bakåtvända bilbarnstolar. Under förutsättning att passagerarkrockkudden är avstängd finns ingen skillnad i krocksäkerhet mellan fram- och baksätet.

From Folksam, Insurance company involved in research

Var är det säkrast att sitta?
I fram- eller baksätet?
Under förutsättning att krockkudden
är avstängd, är det ingen större skillnad
säkerhetsmässigt mellan fram-
och baksätet.

From Volvo:

Var i bilen är det bäst att babyn sitter?

I en Volvo är alla platser lika säkra, det beror mer
på andra omständigheter var du placerar babyn.

From Vägverket (NHTSA over here):

(Newborn to 9 months):

Fram eller Baksätet?

Babyskyddet placeras bakåtvänt i fram eller baksätet. För den som är ensam vuxeni bilen är det oftast tryggast att ha det lilla barnet brdvid sig i framsätet. Krockkudden på passagerarplatsen ska då vara urkopplad.

From VTI: (one of the most respected crash test facilities in the world. Crash testing and advocate of rear facing since 1965)

Rent allmänt anses dock placering i framsätet gynna trafiksäkerheten jämfört med att föraren skall försöka kontrollera ett krånglande barn i baksätet.
--------

I'm sorry about the text being in Swedish. There are several translation tools available but I would not trust them too much. The text above all say the same thing, front seat is very safe

Front seat is as safe or safer than the rear for a rf child. It's a fact and it has been proven by research and usage.

Except for pure crash testing there are other factors which make front seat a good place:

1. Rear facing FAR longer: Parents are often worried about bent legs and think it's uncomfortable for children. Using the front seat means much more leg space for a child and many parents therefore rf for a year of more LONGER. THis makes large difference in safety. Like Snowbird says:

Quote:
In fact that is partly why they encourage rf'ing in the front seat in Sweden - higher likelihood of a parent keeping a child rf'ing longer which they know is so much more safe.
2. Flexible placement: It's easier to make sure all kids are properly restrained in a car when one is being able to sue the front seat. This applies to larger families and problems such as "3 across" are easier to solve

3. Communication between parent and child: Research has shown that a parent is far less focused when a child is sitting in the rear.

Most parents forget about liability. Open the manual of a Swedish rf seat and instructions for install are right there. Most cars also have "d-rings" on bottom of floor, making front seat installs easy. If the front seat was dangerous you can just imagine the financial exposure. If front seat was not safe and a child broke a finger they would be sued into bankruptcy.

Front seat is very safe for a rf child but that doesn't always make it a good idea. As you know most cars in US can't disable airbags. Research have shown that many parents make mistakes when being able to turn airbags on/off with a key/switch. If crash testing is safe but usage turns out to be poor, then this might not be a good place for children in US which is surely one of the reason why airbags are not allowed to be turned off. Another one is the liability and the legal system. It creates large problems due to crazy lawsuits and it's not even advisable to talk much about safety since it can lead to dangerous liability issues regardless of circumstances.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

The main reason the back is safer in general is that it is farther from the point of impact. This just does not play out in real life for rfing cs because the child in a rfing car seat because the the spacing is virtually the same between the back of the front seat and the dash in the front seat.

These two statements are somewhat contradictory. If the fronts seats are not as rigid or stable for bracing because they move forward in the crash, they similarly do not pose much of a risk due to spacing concerns with respect to the rear seat.

There's also the pesky fact that the front seat of a vehicle is closer to the most common and severe types of impacts. There is a much greater risk of intrusion and collapse of the passenger compartment in the front seat compared to the back seat, especially in vehicles with shorter crush space or poorly designed crush space. Since the laws of physics are certainly a constant, the variable would be the design of vehicles. Adventuredad assures us that cars used in Sweden are virtually identical to cars used in the US, Canada, etc, so you make your own conclusions. (Personally, I highly doubt Sweden or any European country has anywhere even remotely close to the numbers of light trucks or vehicles from the 70s, 80s and 90s on the road as the USA on a percentage basis).

The conclusion you can make regardless of opinion on similarity of vehicles is that it's impossible to make the front seat farther away from a frontal crash than the rear seat. That's a constant, unless researchers in Sweden can secretly bend the fabric of space-time, too. On the other hand, you CAN make installation in the rear seat such that rotation and ramping are not an important factor. Adequate compression of the seat cushion, upright installation for older babies, correct harness adjustment and even Austrailian tethering of Britax seats can all be used to mitigate this risk that is relatively minor with a correct installation.

This is not to say putting a rear-facing child restraint in the front seat is unsafe. It's certainly quite safe if installed correctly, in a vehicle with solid frontal crash test ratings, with 100% certainty that the airbag will not deploy in a crash. These are the issues. If advocated in the USA, this would certainly result in many unnecessary deaths of infants because parents will not properly install/brace/use the seat or disable the airbag in their pickups and SUVs from the late 90s and early 2000s [that typically have sub-par frontal and offset crash results]. These same types of light trucks and older, stiffer cars also more easily mitigate the crush space on smaller and newer vehicles that are designed to crush properly. Airbags aren't foolproof either. Sensors in new cars don't always correctly detect child seats and disable airbags. Also, even when disabled, airbags can deploy in rare instances.

Consistency of message is extremely important for these reasons. That's also why these topics will continue to be moved to the International forum when they turn in to debates in other forums. Infractions will also be issued when necessary, as adequate warnings have been given in the past.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The foot prop is there to give added stability. "Pros" install the rf seats with foot prop and leaning against front seat or dash board. The advice of isntalling seats without touching seat/dah is there for "force" parents to use the foot prop.

Most parents forget about liability. Open the manual of a Swedish rf seat and instructions for install are right there. Most cars also have "d-rings" on bottom of floor, making front seat installs easy.

Aside from gross differences in the vehicle fleets that affect safety of the front seat, it appears that even recent cars in Sweden may not be so identical to those in the USA, either. As has been discussed so many times previously, even minor variations in vehicles, child restraints, instructions or education can make something generally very safe in one region but generally very unsafe in another. That is one reason the Canadian/International forum exists.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member

I'm just highlighting the points that I make when speaking with local parents....
fact that the front seat of a vehicle is closer to the most common and severe types of impacts.

it's impossible to make the front seat farther away from a frontal crash than the rear seat.

If advocated in the USA [RF in the front passenger seat] would certainly result in many unnecessary deaths of infants because parents will not properly install/brace/use the seat or disable the airbag in their pickups and SUVs from the late 90s and early 2000s

Also, even when disabled, airbags can deploy in rare instances.

Consistency of message

As techs we're taught to tell parents that the oldest harnessed child should sit up front if all the rear seats are filled. I, however, deal mostly with older vehicles that do not have a passenger airbag, so I teach families to put the oldest RF child up front in those vehicles (when the other carseats fit correctly in the rear: more often than not, unfortunately, the oldest boostered kid ends up in the front instead due to limited space & lap only belts in the back).

One thing I'd like to correct is the myth that just because a RF seat is up front this somehow makes the front safer than the rear. No. Sorry, no. Faulty logic. The rear is ALWAYS safer than the front.

Our curriculum teaches us that the rear seat is about 40% safer, but research at the University in Buffalo shows that the rear is up to 86% safer! Either way, it doesn't matter, RF in the rear is absolutely safer than RF in the front.

What I think, perhaps, Adventuredad might have meant is that RF up front without an airbag is safer than FF up front. Sure, absolutely, without a doubt. However, throw in the deactivated airbag that could (& sometimes does) deploy anyway & then FF would be safer up front than RF. Regardless, both RF & FF are safest in the rear.

Here's my own list of safest to least safe, assuming the vehicle is full, plus assuming correct use as per the manuals & for preschoolish toddlers, not infantile toddlers (I've done this before, but can't find that post) . . .

• RF rear center
  • RF rear outboard
  • RF front passenger without any airbag*
  • FF rear center, top tethered
  • FF rear center, untethered ~and/or~ FF rear outboard, top tethered
  • FF rear outboard, untethered
  • FF front passenger with deactivated airbag & vehicle seat slid all the way back (hopefully top tethered if possible)
  • RF front passenger with deactivated (bracing or not isn't something I'm willing to argue over since this is the last resort option)

* good luck trying to get NHTSA to approve your request for a dealership to uninstall a front airbag

The airbag in my brother's old truck, which is deactivated with the key, has deployed while deactivated. The front airbag in my old van, deactivated with a weight sensor (supposedly anyone less than 50#) was constantly deactivating itself with me. I weigh twice the amount that should have kept it on & I do not wiggle in my seat.

The moral of the story is simply that we should not consider puting any child in the front unless there is no other possible solution, especially the child most at risk of injury from the airbag: RF. (My solutions are usually to either stay home, leave at least 1 child with someone else, call a friend or call a taxi.)

P.S. consistency of message is important for the parents, but also for the child who is not likely to understand the dynamics of equally distributing the risks amongst the various family members. Safest placement depends on various factors. Making blanket statements that RF in front is safer than FF up front just shouldn't be made. Kids don't belong up front, period. We only resort to that when there's no other way around it. Because even the Swedish pros know that the center of the vehicle is the furthest point from impact. As the saying goes, "the laws of physics don't care what city/state/country you're in"

Last edited:

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician

These two statements are somewhat contradictory. If the fronts seats are not as rigid or stable for bracing because they move forward in the crash, they similarly do not pose much of a risk due to spacing concerns with respect to the rear seat.

What I meant by less stable is that an occupied front seat has the potential to collapse back onto the child seat rather than moving forward with the crash.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

Though seat back collapse is usually an issue in severe rear-end crashes. I guess I've never really heard a concern about seat back failure and a RF restraint off the top of my head.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador

Though seat back collapse is usually an issue in severe rear-end crashes. I guess I've never really heard a concern about seat back failure and a RF restraint off the top of my head.
Well you just explained to me why my seat did what it did when we were rear-ended. I couldn't figure out why I was reclined WAY back after we were hit when I started out quite upright. I was glad my DD wasn't in the vehicle when were hit (FF in high back booster, outboard passenger) because I think her legs could have ended up being injured from my seat.

As an aside, should a seat be replaced if it collapses back in an accident? I know our still functioned normally afterward, so the only reason the body shop/insurance adjuster knew it collapsed back was because I told them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC