Saw my first three-across

mommaon112903

ALL of Josef's friends/classmates parent's all either have a minivan or SUV, which means even the kiddos with four siblings don't have a three-across. Never, until yesterday did I see a three-across, I just wish it had been a better three-across! This was in my cousin's wife car, a 2004 Olds Alero, and below is how they rode for 15miles on a highway coming back from a family reunion.

Passenger Side-Evenflo Infant Carrier
Middle-Backless Booster
Driver's Side-FF Cosco Scenera

What is REALLY scary/bad though is the two eldest's stats...A is 28lbs, will be six years old in two weeks, 41" and came up my grandparent's drive way not buckled in :mad: H (cousin's wife) said that A hardly ever sits buckled in, and as soon as she saw the house A unbuckled herself :eek: This means that A was unbuckled, on the highway for about a mile!!! B is 18 months old, 27lbs, using the third slot in the Scenera.

A rides in an Evenflo Chase and Graco CarGo in two out of the four vechicles she rides in. Of course when she goes somewhere, other than school (which is "only a mile up the road") she rides in a LBB. A is legally adopted by her grandparents whom are in their late 40s/early 50s. I have talked to my Aunt numerous times about what she is riding in, but the only thing that did was the purchase of the CarGo that she hardly rides in. The CarGo was purchased not long after Josef got his Regent....everything Josef gets A will get something VERY similar. Like Josef got a 4-wheeler (battery powered), A got a gas powered one. :rolleyes:

I did take B out of his Scenera and said "Oh, you have a Scenera, we can turn this seat around and you can look at the clouds while Momma is driving. This way if Momma were ever in an accident your neck would still be attached to your body." Yeah, someone has to get that grafic with this side of the family (my mom's) for anyone to understand the seriousness of RF vs FF and booster vs harness. H's face turned white, and said to B, well I guess we should turn you back around wheather you like it or not :thumbsup:

What will it take for them to realize that A is WAY too young and immature for a booster, let alone a backless?! A is developmentally a four year old, will be repeating K for numerous reasons, has ran into trees on her four-wheeler, and almost thrown herself off of it twice-all three times with no helmet on.

I am thankful that we did not live on the "compound" (three houses on mnay, many acres) anymore, because I could not keep civial much longer!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC