Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

How do you feel about kids on this bus?

I am traveling to EU with the 2 kids in the fall, and we may find ourselves vehicle-less at times. I am hoping to avoid renting a vehicle as it would likely be $3-4000 and that's painful on top of $3000 in airfare and the cost of the stay. The transportation between the two small towns where we will spend most of our time is available by bus but THERE ARE NO SEATBELTS to install seats on the buses. The routes are rural routes but driving there tends to be crazy and law-less. Would you feel comfortable (enough) taking your kids on one of these with no restraints?

This is what the buses typically look like, the interior shot may not be the same seats as the ones we will see, though they are 2x2; I am told by my family there definitely are no seatbelts on the ones there:

Cat in Canada
    DS1 7 yo - 47 lbs (47"/??"t/??"top of head) - boostered in SKMonterey/2TBs/2CowmooPWSG/2HarmonyNBBs
    DS2 4 yo - 34.5 lbs (40"/15"t/??"top of head) - FF in CowmooMA/TrueFit/2Radians/2Nautiluses/HarmonyV7
    Also in possession of: Graco SafeSeat1 and MyRide (loaned out) + 1 demo seat: SnugRide.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Re: How do you feel about kids on this bus?

Nope, not comfortable at all.

That's not a bus, at least not the kind that are safe to ride in unrestrained.
    "If you don't know how to fix it, please stop breaking it." Severn Suzuki, age 12

That's what I was afraid of.
    Cat in Canada
    DS1 7 yo - 47 lbs (47"/??"t/??"top of head) - boostered in SKMonterey/2TBs/2CowmooPWSG/2HarmonyNBBs
    DS2 4 yo - 34.5 lbs (40"/15"t/??"top of head) - FF in CowmooMA/TrueFit/2Radians/2Nautiluses/HarmonyV7
    Also in possession of: Graco SafeSeat1 and MyRide (loaned out) + 1 demo seat: SnugRide.

Carseat Crazy

No I would not.

I have personally ridden on many of these micro-buses unrestrained. That said, I wouldn't want to take my DS on one.
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris