Graco Safeset/Snugride 32 Infant/Head Support

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think the second one is better (not sure why all their seats don't have that, and interestingly that's the basic shape of support on the Evenflos now...nothing puffy above the head that can slide down when baby lifts their head and then get stuck behind their head and push it forward worse), plus it has side support bolsters for teeny babies, which is cool.
JMHO!

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I like the 2nd one also. Aside from the body support, all my kids have slumped forward with those like the first one and then they get stuck and can't get their little heads back into position without help.

Maggie

We have a different one, like this.

We originally had one like the first on you posted and it was awful. Did nothing. I LOVE the head support on our seat now.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I've had both and I prefer the 2nd, but the other one hasn't been bad. This baby was a # bigger than the last time though, lol.

cpsaddict

We originally had one like the first on you posted and it was awful. Did nothing. I LOVE the head support on our seat now.

I have the one in the link, too. My seat is the Jenny pattern on albeebaby. We brought DD home at 6lbs 14oz and didn't have to use an receiving blankets. I had some in it and they just weren't necessary. My sisters both had the second style you posted and we have to add blankets to make it work good.

xursusmaritimusx

i had the kind in the 1st link. i dont know if my daughter just had good head control or what but she never had the side or forward slump and i never had to use any rolled blankets or anything else with her.

i did think it was kinda flimsy though and never really liked it but it did its job.

rexforever0

i have the snugride in platinum. it's the same style as the first (cheaper) one. it doesn't provide a ton of head support, but i have never really noticed an issue. he looks a little uncomfortable when he falls asleep in there, but that is almost every car seat from what i have noticed.

honestly, he didn't spend a whole lot of time in the car when he was too young to hold his head up on his own. i would buy the cheaper one.

zactayaus

We have this one as well. It's ok and we haven't really had any issues with it but I do wish it was just a little more supportive. We did use a receiving blanket for the first week or so but don't use one any more.

Here's a pic of DS3 in his SS1 that we got from albeebaby. It was taken just a few weeks ago at only a few days old:

100_2136.jpg

DahliaRW

Thanks all. I think that the new one won't be in the car too much over the summer. But when it gets to be Fall with preschool and all we'll be in the car a lot for preschool drop off/pickup. So probably starting at 1 1/2 months old or so.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC