testing

ADS

LuvBug

is that that long for 1 single child or for overall?
they also make badges, but my milestone color didnt match my ticker and I refuse to change my ticker lol!

lovinwaves

Holy Moly!!! Good for you!! That's awesome. I breastfed for over 2 years, but had to stop. My B**bies quit making milk!! It was horrible....:mad: I would have loved to have kept on going....:(

Last edited:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I was shocking less crunchy mamas for a while with a BF ticker that was for 1 child reaching the 4 year mark :) I'm not as "gung ho" as some, but for ME it was a sort of life or death (looking toward the distant future) because both my grandmas had breast cancer & I think every woman in my family has cysts of some for or another - plus I have Crohns Disease (digestive) & BF'ing can help reduce risk for both of these medical issues. It was a physically traumatic ordeal in the beginning, but I was like a relentless mama bear :p Honestly, if I came from a medically healthy family, I would feel fine using formula after colostrum: I mean, it is a fortunate luxury that we have this (rather than suffering malnourishment because of unsanitary shared water sources for so many of whom the WHO 2 year BF goal is vitally important). However, I'm not one to enjoy hauling bottles or cleaning them :rolleyes: Anyway, my point is that the long haul & the otherwise known as "easy way out" in some circles are both wonderful! Good mamas are good mamas with the best of what they've got & I believe only each mama can judge herself....

Lea_Ontario

I'll have to do some quick mental math here :

Total : 4 years, 2 months, a few weeks and days of steady nursing

Of that :
- 18 months has been tandem nursing
- almost 18 months has been nursing during pregnancies
- 2 children (oldest weaned at 3.5 years, younger still nursing)

And it will only be a few more weeks until I'm back to tandem nursing again.

Tara

Awww yea mommas!

My longest has been for about 16 months :(
I hit that 1 yr range and the kid just drives me crazy. They're losing interest anyway, I just nudge them along. So, all have been weaned before reaching 18 months.
I am DETERMINED to go 2 yrs this time. Meaning, I am going to fight myself in those 'aack, get OFF me' feelings and not nudge this time *wink*

I got pg while nursing too :) He nursed the first few months of my pregnancy. Then I just felt so icky on top of the already present 'get off me' feelings..yeah, I nudged. I think that one went to 15 months.

Anywho, it's so nice to see/hear of folks nursing up to and beyond 2 years and tandem nursing ... aww Just fills my heart with joy :D

hsjwmom

That is so funny! I had the EXACT same feelings of Aack! Get off me! I think I REALLY wanted my body back! Both times it hit around 14 months. I lasted until 1 week short of 15 months w/#1 and 1 week past 14 months w/ #2. The first time though, I WAS pregnant with my 2nd.

I never could explain the feeling, but you hit it dead on! If we try for a 3rd (maybe around June? ack!) I do plan to try to do a few things differently. BF till at least 2, extended RF (I wanted to w/#2, but the pediatritian fed us some crap when she was 1 1/2 and dh insisted on turning her around) I'd also like to try babywearing. I used a Bjorn a bit, but from what I've read, a sling is much easier on the back.

Anywho....Kudos to the extended breastfeeders!

Morganthe

LOL at all you. If my body could have, it would have become pregnant just after postpartum stopped. Everything went back to normal even though she was a serious nurser every 60-90 minutes 24/7. :( Absolute misery nursing during ovulation & the visit from Aunti Flo. Wore me out during that time.

When Rowen was able to start solids around 10 months, that helped out a lot. If it were up to her, she'd still be cuddling with mommy for as much as she could get, but I got her down to 2x a day 6 months ago. She's accepted it without too much whine. It's comfortable for both of us and we're happy about it. Since she has a problem sleeping past 5:30am, it's the rare thing that puts us both out for another hour or so. :) Both of us want to be insomniacs.

I've gotten a lot of shocked and judgemental comments from drs since I moved here once they find out she's nursed in early morning and a couple minutes at bedtime. I've been told I should stop because 1) it keeps her babylike and another dr 2) said it put too much stress on my body. :rolleyes:

Synchro246

Man those "ack" feelings are interesting huh?
I was all about child led weaning until that surpised me at 14 months. I had let my dog wean her pups naturally and saw that it's very much a dance between her and the pups.
It's like our bodies want to increase our fertility and nutrition for new pregnancy and the toddler wants to keep nursing to increase the chance of survival. It's all very primal. Once I felt like my feelings weren't only normal, but NATURAL I felt much better about it.
We still nurse (he's 21 months and I am 3 mo preg), but my milk supply has deminished and I push food at him whenever I can. He just stopped nursing to sleep, but he still nurses once or twice at night. When he's not busy during the day he nurses A LOT, but if he's busy he nurses much less.
I am pretty happy with our transition (even though I had wanted to let him self wean).

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member
Ok I am testing mine too!And way to go on nursing so long! Caden did not want me after a year he was too busy!!!LOL

Clarissa

Lys

Senior Community Member
That's the truth !!

Mind you - not counting the initial post-partum bleeding, I've only had 5 menstrual cycles since November 2001.

You are SO lucky! I got mine back after 6 weeks! And I nursed Ian on demand until he was almost 3!
He really slacked off around the 18 month mark. Usually only nursing in the morning, nap time and bedtime.
I totally know what you mean about the "get off me". The only way I made it through was to set limits for Ian. Whenever I got the "feeling" I would tell him mommy needed to stop and we would count together to a number and he would happily go play.

skaterbabs

Joyjoy is starting to understand "finish", which is nice. She'll tell me "I not finished yet" and nurse for another minute or three, then let go. When I need her to stop, I tell her "Time to finish" and within a couple of minutes she usually does.

Kleine hexe

Wow. I didn't think my ticker testing would start such a thread. :)

Listen to your hearts, your bodies, and your babies and you will come to the right decision about when you are ready to wean. We each do what is best for ourselves and our families.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
That's the truth !!

Mind you - not counting the initial post-partum bleeding, I've only had 5 menstrual cycles since November 2001.

I've never been able to breastfeed for more than a few months with each of mine, but I can relate to Kashi - it seems like I've been pregnant for about 5 1/2 years now! I've had 2 miscarriages in the past year, and the 2nd one was actual a partial molar pregnancy (very rare - anyone else had one?) so we aren't allowed to try until May, but then we will definitely be trying for #4 and I am hoping to have much better luck and be able to actually breastfeed this one for as long as I want to!
Keeping my fingers crossed on that! :D

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC