so i thought i had it all settled but...

Jennee

i want the nautilus for dawson and was talking to my mom about it and told her the price it was at walmart (214) and sears, (199 online, 239 in the book) then i went to check what the shipping price is for sears and find that the online price is now 239, so my mom suggests i check costco.
they dont have the nautilus but they do have the apex which is 199 at toys r us and 169 at costco. it sure is a much more affordable seat.
is the nautilus that much better then the apex that i should spend the extra and get that? or is the apex good enough that i should go with the better price?
id need to have a good reason why the nautilus is the better seat to get hubby to spend the extra money on that.

we do have captains seats in the middle row of our van (2006 montana) that are nice and tall so i dont think theres any issue with the head rest.

ADS

Pixels

Any possibility that you would want to put the carseat in a vehicle that might not have adequate head support? Sitters, grandparents, vacations (rentals and relatives) ...

Jennee

there is 3 vehicles that he goes in. our van, my friends van and sometimes our 93 honda accord. the car is the only one im not sure about.

April

Take your DH to Sears or Walmart and physically look at and touch the seats. The quality difference is very apparent. The Apex is somewhat flimsy compared to the Nautilus. Plus the Nautilus will last about a year and a half longer in harnessed mode. And it makes a better booster. For the $45 price difference (If you bought the $215 one from Walmart), I'd take the extra harnessed time. It works out to about $0.08 per day more to have him harnessed for that year and a half than in the Apex as a booster. Did I mention it turns backless as well and the Apex doesn't?

Jennee

he was out when i noticed the price of the apex at costco, when he came home i told him about it and mentioned that it would be ok in the van but i wasnt sure about the car, he said its worth the extra money to get the nautilus because theres no guarantee we will have the van as long as he would need to be in the seat and this is the last seat hes buying.

thanks for reassuring me that this is the best seat.

Jennee

i did see your post and got all excited! ill have to look into it this weekend.
the nearest walmart is a little under 40 kms away from us so we try not to go there too often and make sure we pack as much into the day as we can. but this weekend i need to go pick up my moms mothers day gift and bring it to her.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC