Are you getting a My Ride?

mcomommy

I don't know yet. I have a seat that goes to 35 pounds so we will see how old O is when he hits that weight. If he is under 3 I most likley will get a MR or something similar. I really want them to make a soft boyish cover, I love the softness of our Marathon and Trufit.

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
No. I have a 7yo, 50#+ child. She would not fit rear-facing and while she would fit forward-facing, I'm not going to buy another harnessed seat; in fact, we will be making the transition to high-backed booster soon.

jujumum

Yes, I'm going to buy it. Although, there is a good chance that I'll return it :eek: (as I have recently with a TF, RNXT, and GN). If I can find a spot in my van for a good rf fit, and my dd looks like she'll fit in it till 40lbs, I'll keep it pending a DH veto. My DH really, really, really doesn't like seats with 90 day warranties, so hopefully this one will come with a year warranty (like the Britax & SK seats). In his opinion, if the manufacturer doesn't trust that the seat will hold up for a year, then why should he trust his child in it at all.

Spam

Most likely.. I want to check out in person first though.. Ds is the 95th for height and weight at nine months, so I'll have to see how he fits in it. I'm excited though, only a few weeks till June, :)

MySillyKids

Maybe. I wanna sit DD in it, before i make a choice, but i KNOW she hates her MA. She screams 100% of the time while in the seat.

My DD is 19lbs at 15 months.

featherhead

I don't know, but I'll probably need a 35 lb rf seat at least. Selah should last long enough in the 30 lb Radian. So far I think Keziah will be chunkier, she gained about 3 lbs in her 3 weeks of life so far... and Selah never had legs like that:p

NVMBR02

Probably not, but it all depends on how big/fast our next baby grows. Ds is 3 1/2 and 36/37 pounds. I could buy it for him to rear face for the last 2-3 pounds but I don't feel it is worth it for him. Plus we need to do 3 across for both of our cars. I am planning on looking at it and hopefully getting a chance to try it out in my cars. If it fits i will think about it. DD is only 34ish pounds but she is almost 5 1/2 and fairly tall. She will stay FFing.

I may buy it for the baby but we have convertible seats that rear face to 35 pounds so I will not need it for quite awhile. By then who knows what other choices they may have out then.

kalamos23

Possibly, depending on how tall the shell is. DD is 29 lbs. and 32" and almost 10 months so I need something that has height AND weight.

cookie123

Maybe. I'm not sure when Matthew's MA expires. I would get it if he still needed to rear face at that point, if I like it. Otherwise the True Fit ARB. Doubt he'll need the 40 lbs. I'd never get dd to rf that long anyway. If I get her to do it to 2, I'll be elated.

zeo2ski

DEFINITELY. Well, unless in June they say a 40 lb RN will come out in July:p
My guy has 2 lbs left in the XT and he's not even 3 yet. He should fit height wise until he has one more good spurt, though he just had one so hopefully it'll take a few months. And hopefully by then there WILL be a taller 40 lb seat out! Hey-never thought I'd be wanting a "40 lb seat" so bad! What tremendous progress the industry has made in such a short time:)

Anyway, I don't care if he only lasts a month or two in it because you never know how big foster babies will be, so I have to be prepared, right?;)

firemomof3

OK, if both of you have already preordered I expect FULL report with pics!! :D I wouldn't hesitate to buy one except my 2y/o is getting tall....and I don't think he would fit for very long :(
But, it does look like its based on the Cozy cline so maybe it will have a nice recline ff!

skylinphoto

I wont' be.
My son is 3 and only weighs 27-28 lbs. He's short too. He can rf to 4 yrs+ in any decently tall seat with a 35 lb limit. :)
My daughter is almost 14 months old and just touching 16.5-17 lbs. And she has a long torso. So, the myride is SOOOOOO out for her. No need at all. A truefit could probably take her to college rfing.
lol.
I WILL however recommend the seat to my friend with who has twins that are HEAVY and short. :)

Lea_Ontario

Nope - I doubt we'll have it in Canada in time for me to have a use for it, since I already have a True Fit (35lb RF limit) that is new enough to last us until that point for Bean.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Probably not, unless DS changes his growth a lot - right now he's taller than he is heavy, and most of his height is in his torso He's young, so that could change. I'll most likely be buying a True Fit with ARB instead (and DD could fit in it RF, whereas she'd already have outgrown the My Ride)

Synchro246

OK, if both of you have already preordered I expect FULL report with pics!! :D I wouldn't hesitate to buy one except my 2y/o is getting tall....and I don't think he would fit for very long :(
But, it does look like its based on the Cozy cline so maybe it will have a nice recline ff!

I cannot wait :thumbsup: I went ahead based on the reports that it appeared to have a similar shell height as the MA. . .I hope that's true. My kids are heavier than they are tall. Mick does have a long torso though. . .we shall see!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC