XT cover tore

AtTheSouthDam

DD2 was sick in the car today. Gross. I have taken the cover off for the first time ever and as I was trying to pry the button off the side the cover tore. See:
xthole2.jpg

xthole1.jpg

Now I am worried the cover won't hold on properly on that corner. Has anyone else had this problem? I was following the instructions for removal, I even took the crotch buckle out first so it wouldn't tear the cover as it went through. Is Sunshine kids customer service any good?

BTW, the baking soda trick works great :)

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

Hand washed three times to get everything off, the smell is gone and now one snap on the inside doesn't hold... I am not liking my XT much any more. This was a PITA...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Is that one of the "plush" covers? Like Nassau?

I have always had the 65 covers and the Princess 80, which is not plush but more of a twill for the most part, I've removed them multiple times with no problem.

I just got a replacement cover, a Manhattan which is the plush version of the 80, and it seems flimsy. It wanted to tear at the corner just like that. :thumbsdown:

I'm wondering if there's a problem with the fabric or something.

If SK won't replace it, I'd sew it up with a buttonhole stitch, that should reinforce it and hold.

AtTheSouthDam

WOOT!
They are sending new cover becuase of the snap :D
Okay, I like it better. I was afraid customer service would give me flack since it seems everyone having problems with other companies right now..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC