To do you get the shade thing off a Graco seat?

kmcenery

I pulled it off the infant seat and moved the fabric over to get to the little things that com apart. They will not come apart. It is the Safe seat and tricks to get this off. Im wasing the cover now for a baby set to come home in the morning I wanted to wash this aswell but its not as important to me as the cover.

ADS

Splash

You cry. Loudly.

And then you use naughty words.

And then you threaten everyone in sight.

And then you kick your cat.

But not too hard.

And then you grab a flat head scredriver and kinda ram is between the tabs, and twist. And it opens up okay.

But it won't really matter, because the cat will probably shred it for revenge.

kmcenery

You cry. Loudly.

And then you use naughty words.

And then you threaten everyone in sight.

And then you kick your cat.

But not too hard.

And then you grab a flat head scredriver and kinda ram is between the tabs, and twist. And it opens up okay.

But it won't really matter, because the cat will probably shred it for revenge.

Did everything here but kick the cat and use a flat head. Cats are no where to be found (we now hide becasue mommy gave a 2 year a bike to use insde the house that can run and has us over). I will use a flat head.

Thank you

valleyfam

Use the flat head!:D

Seriously, Splash and I have discussed this before it seems to be the only way to get the two pieces apart. Mine snapped back together great with no permanent damage from being separated.

This is my description of how to get them apart. Right were the two pieces go together I took a skinny flat head screw driver and wedged it in between the two pieces then pulled them apart. You can see where they "click" together the screwdriver separated the pieces just enough to allow them to slide apart.

Good luck! Kuddos if you can do it with out saying a dirty wordy!:)

kmcenery

It is now apart and washed.

One more question.

I thought the safe seat like the cs had a second loop to make the harness a little smaller so you have the harness tight. I moved that peice out to see if it had it. I found a second loop but it is much smaller then the loop that it was taken out of the box from graco. Does the safe seat move to the second loop if you need it. Also looking at it I dont see how I could get the metal part to go back in its spot. I hope im making sense here.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Now that you got your plastic apart, I just throw the whole thing in the washer (gentle of course) plastic and all. I've never been able to get them apart so I just wash and air dry.

Splash

Yes, there is another set of loops, both on the splitter plate and hip straps. Both easy to switch. I don't know what your second question is, so I can't help you there.

valleyfam

LOL....I couldn't even get the d*** thing together without using a dirty word:p

:D:D:D:D

As Splash said yes you can use the second set of loops for a smaller baby. I think you are referring to the small metal piece under the bottom of the seat where you would adjust the hip strap.:confused: If so it is really easy to snap back in. Just put one side under the 2 little tabs and push gently. If you are having a hard time push in just a little near the one tab and it should pop right back in. If that's not what you mean ask again.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I didn't take it apart at all... I just run water on it, pour some cold water wash (like Woolite or whatever, though I use the dollar store brand), scrub it in, and rinse. Then hang to dry.

So much easier. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC