Question High weight seat advice (in Canada)...

carrielou

Hi all, thanks in advance for any help. I have just been thinking too much about our car seat situation and I think my brain is mush so I can really use some new perspective.

Here is our current seat info:

#1 son in Apex 65:
5 1/2 yrs old
55lbs
48.5" tall
just under 17.5" measuring seat to shoulders

#2 son Eddie Bauer 3-in-1:
3yrs old this May
39lbs
39"
(he wouldn't sit for me to measure seat to shoulders...lol)

I'm looking to get a new seat for my oldest which will keep him in a 5pt for a bit longer but also turn into a good booster for later. Of course he's almost too tall for the Apex 5pt so hopefully I can figure something out soon. And then we'll just put my younger one in the Apex.

I think the only seat that will work for us would be the Nautilus (I wish we had the $$ for the Frontier!) but I'm definitely open to suggestions!

Thanks so much,
Carrie

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The Nautilus sounds like a great option for you...but also, how mature is your son? You could consider a fairly supportive highback booster if he's mature enough to sit properly 100% of the time. With boys it's really a judgment call before age 6. My son was 5.5 when he went into his Monterey.

-Nicole.

carrielou

Thanks Nicole!

I think my oldest is definitely mature enough for a booster, we even have one that he uses in my husband's car (which he rides in maybe once or twice a month). But we take several long road trips each year so I would prefer to have him in the 5pt for those trips for sure. We'll go check out the Nautilus soon. We looked at the True Fit the other day at Zellers but then I realized that it doesn't turn into a booster. D'oh!

Thanks again for the reply.

Cheers,
Carrie

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC