Safeguard go car seat??

ADS

groovymom2000

Just bought one last week, actually. I'm comfortable using it.

Very neat seat, btw. THanks Julie for mentioning it to me. What is also neat about it is that it can be used quite easily for any FF child that meets the requirements, simply becasue all of the adjusting is right there in front. It fit in that deep bucket seat when nothing else would. My DS(2 yrs. 5 mo.) likes it ok, although he really doesn't appear to be very comfortable in it.
I like that the weight limit is higher, as well.
I did find that I did not get a tight install(not even close) with a seatbelt. I have only tried it in this one vehicle, and when I get a chance, will try it in my car to see if I get a different result. So, if you don't have lower anchors, it might not work. It must also be used with the top tether anchors if in harness mode, which could be an issue for some folks. It was a super easy install with LATCH, though.
It's not a primary seat for us, and I don't know how well I would like it for travel--but I am used to traveling with my MA, which I can use on a plane. A bit pricey as well, but again, it fit a deep bucket seat very well, and was short enough to go under the headrest, which was an issue for us, and could be for others.

lovinwaves

Very neat seat, btw. THanks Julie for mentioning it to me. What is also neat about it is that it can be used quite easily for any FF child that meets the requirements, simply becasue all of the adjusting is right there in front. It fit in that deep bucket seat when nothing else would. My DS(2 yrs. 5 mo.) likes it ok, although he really doesn't appear to be very comfortable in it.
I like that the weight limit is higher, as well.
I did find that I did not get a tight install(not even close) with a seatbelt. I have only tried it in this one vehicle, and when I get a chance, will try it in my car to see if I get a different result. So, if you don't have lower anchors, it might not work. It must also be used with the top tether anchors if in harness mode, which could be an issue for some folks. It was a super easy install with LATCH, though.
It's not a primary seat for us, and I don't know how well I would like it for travel--but I am used to traveling with my MA, which I can use on a plane. A bit pricey as well, but again, it fit a deep bucket seat very well, and was short enough to go under the headrest, which was an issue for us, and could be for others.

Beth, is this seat the one you ended up putting in the back of your BMW? If so, I would love to see some pix of the install!!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Once my nieces are old enough to FF, I would love to have a seat like this one. I don't need a seat all the time and it would be nice to have a "fold-away" one like this one. But it is still several years until I need a seat that is FF only!

groovymom2000

Lovinwaves--Yes, this is the one I got to fit back there, finally!

:lol I will try to get some pictures this evening--it's DH's car, so it's gone during the day. It might be this weekend, though. The tech that I took it to took pics of it as well--he had never seen one.

twokidstwodogs

We own one, and it *is* a really nice seat, particularly for travel, or for an extra seats. Unfortunately, our daughter is growing out of the five-point harness faster than I expected. I wish the straps adjusted a little higher. Then it would be ideal!

lovinwaves

:lol I will try to get some pictures this evening--it's DH's car, so it's gone during the day. It might be this weekend, though. The tech that I took it to took pics of it as well--he had never seen one.

Ok, whenever. Very curious to see how it turned out!! :) I love seeing carseat puzzles figured out!
That Radian looked sooo cute back there though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC