Question Does this fit? Or should I go larger?

HEVY

This is the small RSVT. For those who have one you know that when they sit in the car it kind of rides up, I can't take pics yet of her in the car till Monday night. Based on this pic do you think she needs the large? Was just looking at the website and she seems to fit like the girl in the pic, but snugger. The directions say the belt needs to lie over the hips, which is why it has that flap with the belt guides. But the installation pics and where it fits on DD is at the lower abdomen. Any clarification on that?

Picture202-1.jpg

Picture203-1.jpg

Picture204-1.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

Mom to a few

I'd rather see a picture of her sitting down. The main issue for me would be where that flap on the bottom front of the vest (the part that positions the lap portion of the belt) is when she's sitting. If that flap/belt guide folds out over her upper thighs when she's sitting--great. If it is riding a little higher up, I'd probably go to the next size.

What is her age/weight?

Maedze

I don't think there's a way to really be sure until we see her sitting in the vehicle, unfortunately.

Maedze

NOM is interwebs speak for 'eat' but in a loving (or sometimes crazy) way.

So if you saw a picture of a little baby, you might type NOM NOM NOM NOM. LOL.

HEVY

LOL, OK I get it. Thought it might be something like that.
UGH, my car won't be ready till tommorrow, that's what they said at 130, so those pics will have to wait.

Maedze

I think it's borderline now but one good growth spurt and it's going to be too high. If you need to go somewhere tomorrow with it, I wouldn't worry too much, but if it all possible I'd trade it in for the next size up :whistle:

HEVY

Yeah that's my next thread. Though I doubt anyone will want to trade a large for a small.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
It's OK -- wouldn't bother me with the lap belt & tether . . . if she's uncomfortable, though, I would consider switching up sooner.... I myself was OK with my kid using hers like that (it was/is often the only safe enough solution) & while I would prefer the lap belt to be lower in a booster, I just don't worry excessively about it in the vest because the vest does provide a layer under the belt that I think helps reduce some of the more severe abdominal injuries. If the lap+shoulder belt fits better in a booster, then I might use a booster more often, assuming she maintains proper positioning (without increasing driver distraction).

I think it was about a year that my kid was able to fit the size small in a similar way. She was technically not yet heavy enough for the large when I decided the lap belt really was too high. One day the lap belt was suddenly not on the hips anymore, let alone thighs. She barely fit the large circumferentially such that I worried enough to make her lock the belt more (that clickety ratchety locking sound is very rewarding & soothing even if it does nothing but put some rainbow colored goggles on me, LOL) but I believe your kid would fit more nicely in the large than mine :)

So, I think you've got a bit of time to save toward the large (especially with the lap-only belt: tether should help reduce the force on her abdomen) but she would probably fit into the large fine if you bought it now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC