Anyone else have a problem with the Radian XT's Malibu color?

U

Unregistered

I ordered mine from juniorbaby.com a few weeks ago and recieved it today. My problem is that the color, while similar, is not what was advertised. Sometime in the last few days, the picture of the product on the juniorbaby website has been changed to show the color scheme that I received.

This color is what I ordered: http://www.chitchatbaby.com/Sunshine-Kids--Radian-XT--Malibu_p_22-5226.html

This is what I got (click on Malibu): http://www.skjp.com/products/Radian/XT/

I called Sunshine Kids and they didn't seem to even know that the first color existed. She told me that I can't get it and they don't make it. So all I can think is that the picture that was on the websites of most stores selling it, was an early photo from SK before they actually finalized the colors and mass produced it??? IDK. I just wanted it in that color!

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I believe that there was a change in the Malibu pattern at some point prior to the seats arriving in stores, but I'm not sure when.

I'd contact Jr baby and complain to them if it's a big deal to you, otherwise I think you're stuck with what you have. Production covers don't always match prototypes unfortunately.

kristenbelle

I quite liked the color that was first advertised, and emphatically dont' like the final color for the Malibu XT. They are quite different! I was on the verge of ordering one but then backed out, and I'm glad that I did.

canadiangie

I'm the opposite. I think the first version's colours clash terribly :eek:. A fusha pink floral pattern (or whatever it is) with mauve along the sides, then the grey harness, and red strap thingy... there's just too much going on. :twocents:

The updated version is cleaner looking to me... more simple. I really like the pale pink with the grey harness and grey chest clip. :)

All that to say, if I ordered a seat and the colour was different upon arrival, I'd be ticked. I totally understand your frustration. :(

Aside from the colour, what is your opinion on the seat??

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
yes, they changed it. We discussed it when the very firast Malibus started shipping weeks ago...It was clearly a complete fabric change from prototype stock picture to finished product.
If you hate it, I'd see if you can exchange for another cover, or just return altogether, they can't give you what doesn't exist, unfortunately.

U

Unregistered

I'm the opposite. I think the first version's colours clash terribly :eek:. A fusha pink floral pattern (or whatever it is) with mauve along the sides, then the grey harness, and red strap thingy... there's just too much going on. :twocents:

The updated version is cleaner looking to me... more simple. I really like the pale pink with the grey harness and grey chest clip. :)

All that to say, if I ordered a seat and the colour was different upon arrival, I'd be ticked. I totally understand your frustration. :(

Aside from the colour, what is your opinion on the seat??

So far I really like it! I haven't yet installed it in my 04 Saturn Ion, which will be the biggest factor (I was waiting until I was absolutely certain there was no way I could exchange it for the color I wanted).
The fabric is a nice soft velour type material.

My kids think the color is pretty (and to be honest it is very nice, just not what I was expecting.)

The side impact wings are simple to use - they just slide up and down. I was happy to learn that there's a forward facing recline (only an inch or so, but it helps).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC