My daycare baby would make it to 1 in the snugride. How long did yours last?

I bought a safeseat for my daycare baby(thank goodness it was dirt cheap from my friend) thinking she would outgrow her snugride by winter time. Well, darn it she still has a good 2 inches in torso height in the snugride, lol.
She will be 1 next month and I don't see her growing 2 inches in torso by then. She is 18 pounds.

Oh well at least I have my own bucket seat at least. She can ride in it longer in my van vs. having to go in the scenera which lacks eps foam(maybe by that time I can get an avenue or uptown).

Logan would of lasted till 15 months in his snugride.
Michael under a year.

Last edited:
ADS

mcomommy

My first dd made it to 5 months
My second dd made it a little past a year
My son made it to 3 three months almost 4 months

It is funny how they slow down towards a year when we are all geared up for them to keep on growing fast.

Andie

CJ made it to 1:
CJSRHeight.jpg

Funny, cause I started w/a convertible just so I wouldn't have to buy 2 seats in the first year.

SPJ&E

Joshua outgrew the Snugride at 15 months (pretty much at the same time for both height and weight). We moved him to a RF convertible at 11 months though.

Pacey wouldn't have lasted to 1 year in his Snugride (he had an older one w/ 20 lb. limit). He was a tiny bit over 22 lbs. at 1 year, if I'm not mistaken, and I don't know height wise how he would have fit. I moved him to a RF convertible at 5 months.

AtTheSouthDam

Bethany would have made it to 15-18 months in the newer snugrides but last a full year in the 20 lbs, 27" ones. Ciara would have last unitl about 15 months, too. We only took her out because the MA wouldn't fit in the trunk at Target (Yes, I installed it there) so she rode home in it and didn't want to go back to the bucket (8 months). I can't say I blame her.

flutie128

DS was in the 20 pound until 4 months when he weighed 19 pounds and was 26 inches. I didn't know about the one inch rule.
DD was in the the same seat until 8 months when she had less than one inch aboce her head but only weighed 17 pounds. She would probably still fit in the 22 pounds snugride but now she rides in a true fit.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
C would have made it to a year in the Snugride, but we moved him at about 5 months b/c he hated the seat so much. He's a born Britax snob... It's been the only seat he likes..

Jennifer mom to my 7

I have a question. When the upped the weight and height limit, did they redesign the shell to be taller? Just wondering whether a 22 pound snugride would have lasted longer. My dd's outgrew the one I have at under 6 and under 4 months.

cpsaddict

I have a question. When the upped the weight and height limit, did they redesign the shell to be taller? Just wondering whether a 22 pound snugride would have lasted longer. My dd's outgrew the one I have at under 6 and under 4 months.

Yes, they did make it a bit taller, but only by an inch or so, I think. You can tell the difference at the top of the shells. There is a "lip" on the 22lb version. I measured them when they came out at BRU, but now I can't remember.

ETA: My nephew outgrew the Snugride by height at 4.5mths. The other one was about 4mths old(this child has barely 2" above his head in the Safeseat at barely 10 mths).

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I never used a Snugride for either DD, but my youngest didn't quite make it to a year old in a SafeSeat 1 before she outgrew it by height. She outgrew a LatchLoc 22 by height around 6 months old, and I'm guessing she would have maxed out a Snugride (22 lb. limit version) by height around 6 months old, and probably a bit sooner by height in the previous 20 lb. limit Snugride.

SoccerMom

We took Scott out at about 8 or 9 months because it got heavy for me to carry, he would have made it past a year, he was 20lbs at 18 months (not sure about height though). Bradley was taken out around 7 months, again because it was heavy and he hated it. I just tried him in it and he's too tall now at 10 months and is likely around 20lbs now.

I took him out at 1. He prolly woulda made it to 14 months or so. He was very close by height and weight, but it took him a bit before he finally passed it by height. The weight never really went up (cuz he got sick and lost some weight and stuff).

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
All 4 of our kids made it to 4-6 months in a snugride. They grew fast. Our almost 3 year is outgrowing his bv already. And we make it a max of 2.4 year rearfacing.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
For ds, somewhere around 6 months. We switched to a SS1 at 5.5mos and by 7mos his head was completely over the top of the shell. Dd was in a portabout as a baby so I have no idea so far as she goes. ;)

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
My dd was just under 4 months when she was within 1" of the top of the shell. This was the 20 pounds, 26" one. I moved her to a SS1 which she's just now too tall for at 23 months (she's well under the weight limits still).

skaterbabs

Joy was between 9 and 10 mos when she outgrew our 20 lb Snugride. She would have fit to close to a year in a 22 lb SR.

emandbri

Benjamin outgrew a 20 lbs snugride around 4-5 months not sure how long he would have lasted in the taller one. I remember trying Elizabeth in the 22 lbs snugrides at stores and she would have fit until around 9 months.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC