Disney stroller help

Melanie

Ok, I know this should probably be in the stroller section. I decided to put it here since this area gets more traffic. Feel free to move if needed.

We'll be taking a just turned 4 year old (tall 38 lbs) and just turned 2 year old to Disneyland. fyi: DisneyLAND doesn't rent double strollers. We'll be within walking distance, so folding for a bus/tram isn't an issue.

Do we take 2 single strollers or 1 double? Or 2 singles with those connector things to make them a double when needed?

Stroller choices: Chicco C-5 single (and would buy another or the Silver Cross for $100 on Shnoops)

Graco Quattro double tandem

ADS

Rosey

Two singles would be my vote, especially if the kids have different interests. There will be some things the older one can do/ride so you could take the younger one over to do what she wants to do. It would also make trams easier. If you had a lightweight double my answer may be different.

R&J'sMom

I would rent 2 strollers. I like the Disney strollers, they are pretty sturdy. If you have a Disney Visa then you can rent up to 2 stollers a day for free.

Morganthe

This is going to sound crazy, but I would take a single stroller + my Ergo. :eek:
At two years old, when dd got really tired, she hated strollers in crowds and it was easier to have her just on me. She was so lightweight back then it didn't really matter. Your 4 year old just needs to get in/out for the long walks. DD was at Busch Gardens at just-four... she only used the stroller riding into the park, from one section to another, & when we left. But it was great to have stuff packed underneath. We used t he Silver Cross Mini. Good stroller who is now being totally appreciated by a friend I sold it to locally. :love:

Even if you do go the route of the double stroller, take a soft carrier just in case. I cannot count how many times through the years, I see someone pushing a stroller & carrying the younger child at the same time.

Usually it's the mom and they all have in common a totally miserable look on her face trying to keep one from sliding and the stroller steering successfully with one hand. I don't know why dad is rarely pushing.. perhaps kid in stroller has a fit if Daddy does. Younger child is clingy & tired, wants only mommy. Oh yay, parenting in the modern world at theme parks. :p

good luck :D

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
We did DL with the Maclaren Twin Techno and adored it! The boys were 4.75 years old/22 months on our first trip and 5.5 years old/2.5 years old on our second trip. We stayed right across the street at the Park Place Inn (#1 - 6 days) and Tropicana Inn (#2 - 5 days) and loved the location to the parks.

I'd take a Maclaren double or maybe even the Baby Jogger City Mini Double (if I didn't have to fly). The Graco tandem wouldn't go anywhere near Disney with me, but it wouldn't come anywhere near me to begin with... I can't stand that stroller and the pushing is ridiculous on it... sorry. :eek:

DS2 took all of his naps at the park... including our character breakfast, at least we got a cute picture...
3226069583_e2c60f4215.jpg

We leave for our first trip to DisneyWorld on Tuesday and I'm taking the Beco (carrier) and our Zapp (single stroller, no recline). The boys are 6.75 years old/3.75 years old for this trip. DS1 will mostly walk and DS2 will mostly ride. When DS1 gets tired, DS2 can go in the Beco and DS1 can hop in the Zapp... but if it was even last year, I'd be taking a double (just so handy to have). :)

ETA: I got my Maclaren TT off of Craigslist in the Anaheim area during our first trip. The owner met up with me at a restaurant just across the street from DL. Two years later, I sold it for $50 less than I bought it for... great investment. :D

Ali

We did Disneyland with DD last Feb right after she turned 3. We took our Graco Mosaic stroller with us. We stayed across the street, so within walking distance.

If I had it to do over again, I would have just rented a stroller. You could always rent one for each DC on the first day and then only get one on subsequent days if needed !

steph

As someone who goes to Disneyland almost every week, there are pros and cons to both. The double would be nice because it is one stroller and then you only have to park one stroller when going on rides and the kids are together. Also you have more storage.

The two singles would be nice because it gets crowded and it would be easier to get around Disneyland with two small umbrella strollers but then you have to get two strollers when getting off and on the rides (and park two strollers).

Personally I'd go with the double but I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Misty-Bug

I am going in March and I am taking my Avalon stroller (canada only) I hate this stroller so I figured if it gets ruined I won't be too upset! LOL! But I never thought to bring a wrap. Now I will have to remember that! Good post.

Niea

We were just at Disneyland 2 weeks ago and took our Twin Techno and loved loved loved it!!! It workd fabulous! I would take it again! I also took my Beco but hardly used it. I would definitely not take just a single and rely on the soft carrier. . at least not with my kids. Other kids might be different. But as much as I like to wear my kids, my kids aren't that into it. DD was in and out of the stroller, so the TT worked perfectly because there was no tray to get in her way.

DL isn't really crowded this time of year so pushing a double won't be too bad at all.

Kat_Momof3

hands down, two singles... if you get the dazzle, it has a higher weight limit, so put the older one in it.

all that walking, they are going to get tired out. However, it is paved and all, so i wouldn't worry about renting their strollers for the air tires.

But definitely two singles. Especially because bathrooms are always easier to get in and out of with singles.

the stroller connectors... I've never known anyone for whom they worked.

jdubsm

We took two single umbrella strollers and it worked out great. We bought the $20 ones from BRU and used them for the week and then sold them on Craigslist when I got home for $10 each. Much cheaper than renting at the park. :)

Have fun!

Niea

See, I guess it's a matter of opinion, because I couldn't imagine taking two singles! To me, it's just one more thing to keep track of. If you've got two adults, there's no need to take the stroller in the bathroom at all. One person just stays outside with it and you trade off so everyone gets to go. There were many times DH was off taking DD on a ride and I stayed with DS who was sleeping in the stroller. Some lines were long and I'd wander around the shops waiting for them to be done. . .if we had two strollers we'd have to have parked one of them somewhere and then go back for it, etc. I found it super convenient to have the double, to be honest.

mamaofthree

Last time I went we had a 14 month old and a 3.5 yo. We took a big single stroller for the baby so she could nap in it and an umbrella stroller for the older one. It worked out great. Dh and I each pushed one, parked them at the rides. The Ergo would have been nice for waiting in line with the baby, but it was way too hot for that. Have fun! I love Disneyland!

Kimberly

canadiangie

Ok, I know this should probably be in the stroller section. I decided to put it here since this area gets more traffic. Feel free to move if needed.

We'll be taking a just turned 4 year old (tall 38 lbs) and just turned 2 year old to Disneyland. fyi: DisneyLAND doesn't rent double strollers. We'll be within walking distance, so folding for a bus/tram isn't an issue.

Do we take 2 single strollers or 1 double? Or 2 singles with those connector things to make them a double when needed?

Stroller choices: Chicco C-5 single (and would buy another or the Silver Cross for $100 on Shnoops)

Graco Quattro double tandem

Of your choices, I'd take the C5 and either get another C5, or the Silver Cross (just thinking another C5 would probably be cheaper?).

I don't think I'd take the Graco Quattro Duo because I'd want a sun canopy over top and behind both kids' heads. The front seat on the Quattro Duo lacks in sun protection ... or maybe the rear seat just offers more, but you know what I mean. I'd also prefer that both kids have the same amount of recline, a nice tall seatback, etc. And in the end, I think it might be easier to have a more compact/lightweight set-up.

I've always invisioned going to Disney with super cheap Graco LiteRiders or something.... you know, cup holders, big baskets, decent seats and canopies. And then when I'm done at Disney I'd just leave them there... on the street or offer them to someone standing in line waiting to rent DL strollers or whatever... LOL. :p :whistle:

Melanie

Thanks ladies-I *think* I've finally decided. I bought the Silver Cross from Shnoops and will plan on taking it and the Chicco C5. I'll bring my Ergo (love love it). Maybe maybe I can bungee one stroller to the other or something.

I felt pushed to get that Silver Cross because Shnoops said this would be the last time it's offered. I suppose if I hate it I could Craigslist it-there was a local ad selling 3 of them NIB for $150 each. I'm sure they came from Shnoops.

Thanks again & my husband thanks you too-he's tired of all the stroller contemplation.

Kat_Momof3

oh, just repay him by letting him push the dazzle... those handles are so tall! I'm 5'7&1/2" and the handles come up to the bottom of my boobs.

my poor 5'4" friend finds silvercross umbrellas too tall (the handles come up to her armpits)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC