Which slot to use on the nautilus??

Does this look to high? Should I use the one under it? In the house installed he was on the second from the bottom with room to grow and in the car he looks like this?

His head looks like it would hit those red slots(for booster use) if we crashed, or I am too paranoid?

0124091539a.jpg

0124091543b.jpg

ADS
I know I can't decide. I had him on the one underneath for awhile, and then hubby switched it on me saying it was too low(LOL, I love that he is looking out now for their saftey). ;-)

We can't decide. It just seems like the head rest is too high.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Look closely at the belt guides. It would be very hard to hit his head on them since they are somewhat recessed.

Shaunam

It's hard to tell. Can you take a pic with them in the next one down? I think he's probably fine in the higher one. If you put it in the lower one you could very well just be putting it back up in a few weeks.

That is true, the more I look at the picture your right he won't.

I am going to put him on the slots and then I will see. I have to move the seat anyways tomorrow to the other captain's chair. I hate the infant seat behind me when I am driving.

MustangMama

Yeah I guess after that idea I think you should just leave it. He is gonna grow in the next couple weeks/months and you're just going to have to move it back up. If you want to move it down though for those few weeks/months, go ahead. I probably would, but then again I enjoy playing with my seats so it would be fun for me to have to take her seat out, fix it, and then reinstall it :)

momto2princes

I would move it down one for now. It should be at or above shoulders but it looks so far above them that I think it would be safer closer to at at this point. IDK, WDYT?

zactayaus

I think he could go with the ones below the slot in the first pic. It's still above his shoulders.

HA! I love moving the seats around too. :) I do it all the time, that is why I am glad I know how to install them very good. I just was unsure with this slot issue. I am going to see tomorrow and if it is above his shoulders I will put them there. I don't mind taking my seat in and out ;-)

Kat_Momof3

get a butterknife and check his shoulders with the slot.

it looks like he might be JUST under them... also check that he's sitting up straight.

but here's a pic of RUthie (using carseat coat cheat) in the Nautilus... she's tall enough where she needs the top slots now... but not over the lower ones by enough to put her head very high yet... still, I dont' think that the guides would hit her in a crash....

(they are clickable)

get a butterknife and check his shoulders with the slot.

it looks like he might be JUST under them... also check that he's sitting up straight.

but here's a pic of RUthie (using carseat coat cheat) in the Nautilus... she's tall enough where she needs the top slots now... but not over the lower ones by enough to put her head very high yet... still, I dont' think that the guides would hit her in a crash....

(they are clickable)

That is exactly what I was going to use-a butter knife.

I love your new carseat coat siggy. We do that with the kids too. I have my daycare kids "trained" to do that now too in their parents car ;-) (and my daycare babies mom finally is listeing to me on the coat issue and bundle me issue). ;-)

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
He looks just barely under the next slots down. To me he looks fine where they are at, I really don't think those red guides would be a hazard in a crash. They are recessed and even if he did hit them, they aren't very hard and are pretty bendable. I don't think it would cause damage....just my :twocents:

I have the same problem with DS1 right now in our Nauti. I *think* he's even with the second set of slots, but since I didn't want to stress and measure every day, I just moved them up.

Chameleon

My DS fits exactly the same way with the belt guide location and everything. I'm not worried about them at all.

Kat_Momof3

That is exactly what I was going to use-a butter knife.

I love your new carseat coat siggy. We do that with the kids too. I have my daycare kids "trained" to do that now too in their parents car ;-) (and my daycare babies mom finally is listeing to me on the coat issue and bundle me issue). ;-)

thank you... I wanted to change from the christmas pic and happened to take these and have them fit well in a siggy-size pic... so I went for it... cause how weather appropriate!!

I think I may have to do one next winter, too!

NannyMom

I think you could use either slot. J was in the same situation with his GN. In his Mom's car, we put it in the next slot up (how you have it now). And in my car, we put him in the lower slot (which he was just barely under the slot). I knew I could watch him every day in my van to see when he went over, and readjust the seat. I think he was a few months before I had to move the straps up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC