would a TF fit in a

horseymom

2002 dodge Ram Laramie mega cab? if so which position? a friend of mine needs 3 across. she has a AO, 2 Apex, 1 GN, and a Chase. baby is moving out of the SR. Would a radian fit? would it fit RF?

kids stats are
DS1(3.5yrs) is 38.5 inches tall and his torso is 14.5 inches. DS2(27m) is 36 inches and his torso is 13.5 inches. I do not have a Scale but As of October DS2 was 29 lbs and DS1 was 31 lbs but now I am guessing they weigh close to the same 32lbs no more then that. And baby is 6 m not sure of stats.

they also have a Montana Van I belive 2004. so they need 6 seats. When the kids ride in the truck which isn't to much it for long trips camping.

thanks, I sure hpe I can get some respnces last time I tried I got no help :confused:

Last edited:
ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Possibly a combo that no one has done before, and the True Fit is still a relatively new seat on the carseat scene. :eek: You do have a reply in your previous thread about the Dodge truck, though.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Sometimes the best way to find out is to just try it. I'm not familiar with the vehicle at all so don't have any clue in that regard, and have no experience with puzzling any of those 3 seats in a 3 across. I'm sure there are a lot of people in the same situation and generally people don't respond if they can't help. :eek:

(Of course I'm breaking the unwritten rule of not responding to say I have no clue, lol)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
A Laramie Mega cab is ridiculously big... you could put a Radian RFing in there and still have room to walk behind it while your 6'+ hubby has his seat all the way back. :D

I'm pretty sure she can do any combo of those seats and make it work. :)

Now, the TF has issues installing properly at a 45 degree angle required for newborns due to the required lock-off use, but that's the only thing she should need to watch out for. Is she near a Zellers/Toys R Us to try one out?

horseymom

She bought a TF yesterday I'm not sure if she has installed it yet though. it is to go in her van in the captians chair. I think she is hoping to puzzle 2 GN outboard and a RF AO in the center of the truck

horseymom

I told her to try it out at 45 angle and maybe a bit more as he might like it more. I had a Hell of a time getting my lock off to close on my TF but we got it done took both DH and me but it's done LOL I don't ever want to take it out though LOL

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I told her to try it out at 45 angle and maybe a bit more as he might like it more.

Do you mean a bit more upright or a bit more reclined? It's OK to have the seat more upright than 45 degrees (in general, as much as the child prefers, up to 30 degrees) but you should never recline a seat more than 45 degrees.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
How does it compare to a 1998 Dodge Ram 2500? I can fit 2 regents and a frontier in there. I can put a RFing Radian in the center. Not sure if a Nautilus would fit, length wise.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC