Do some retailers have better DOMs?

mom2kc&k

So I'm contemplating a Madison Regent from BRU if the 10% online link works. Anyone have any experience with whether or not BRU has respectable dates of manufacture? I called their toll-free number and was told, after the rep checked with a supervisor, that they didn't have access to DOMs in inventory. He suggested I call Britax and find out when they made that model (now that narrows it down, doesn't it!) He also told me that an online only item can't be returned to my local store.

What about Albee Baby?

I'm hesitant to gamble again with getting a decent DOM. Luckily, Strollerdepot has agreed to take back the 10/07 Regent they sent me yesterday after assuring me that I would be getting a 2008 DOM. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just keep it.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Some stores have pretty high turnover. Albeebaby WILL tell you what the DOM is (at least they have for others.) And Hipmonkey has really high turnover. I don't know about BRU when it comes to Regents but I'd assume they're pretty big so they'd probably be fairly decent.

bfmarini

So I'm contemplating a Madison Regent from BRU if the 10% online link works. Anyone have any experience with whether or not BRU has respectable dates of manufacture? I called their toll-free number and was told, after the rep checked with a supervisor, that they didn't have access to DOMs in inventory. He suggested I call Britax and find out when they made that model (now that narrows it down, doesn't it!) He also told me that an online only item can't be returned to my local store.

What about Albee Baby?

I'm hesitant to gamble again with getting a decent DOM. Luckily, Strollerdepot has agreed to take back the 10/07 Regent they sent me yesterday after assuring me that I would be getting a 2008 DOM. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just keep it.

The Madison Regent is discontinued so the DOMs may vary significantly from store to store. Our last batch we were selling was August / September 2008 DOMS

twins plus one

I once purchased two infant seats from BRU online. The purchase was made in early March, but the DOM for each seat was in June of the previous year. Not exactly recent, in my opinion.

indigoblossom

i just got an ashely marathon on albee and was very pleased that it the DOM was 11/08. i was worried since the cover's been discontinued but very happy. it may be hit or miss with them, though. i've also ordered britaxes from babyage and amazon before, and the DOMs have never been more than 3 or 4 months old, if even that much.

jodibug

This has been my experience:

In July 2008 I ordered a Boulevard from BabyUniverse and got an 11/07 DOM, so the seat was eight months old.

In January 2009 I ordered a Radian80 from HipMonkey and got a 11/08 DOM, so the seat was two months old.

Also in January 2000 I bought a TrueFit at Target (brick & mortar) and got a 4/08 DOM (but at least I knew what I was getting in to before I bought it.)

When I order another seat I will definitely be ordering from HipMonkey.com , especially since they support the KDM Foundation.

mom2kc&k

I just got off the phone with Britax and confirmed that the Regent is not being discontinued, just the Madison pattern. I called Albee Baby as well. They are going to get info on current stock and call me back.

Elitecarseats would be my first choice, but the Madison is not longer on their site. I just ordered an Onyx Regent from them with a 10/08 DOM and a Frontier produced 12/1/08.

Hipmonkey shows Madison as "out of stock, but still available for purchase". I don't see how that's possible with it being discontinued. I'd hate to be on a backorder list and then have them notify me that they aren't getting it back in stock afterall, KWIM? I'll call them when they open up this morning. They're $30 less than Albee (assuming Albee has good info for me), which really creates a dilemma for me.

mom2kc&k

I spoke to Marie at Hipmonkey today. She said that as soon as they found out the Madison was being discontinued, they preordered several dozen and are expecting them in soon. She also said that her computer showed one in stock in their warehouse. She went to the warehouse, checked the DOM and called me back this afternoon. The seat will be shipped to me on Monday. The DOM is 10/2008!!! Now that's customer service!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you for everyone's input on this.

Isca

I spoke to Marie at Hipmonkey today. She said that as soon as they found out the Madison was being discontinued, they preordered several dozen and are expecting them in soon. She also said that her computer showed one in stock in their warehouse. She went to the warehouse, checked the DOM and called me back this afternoon. The seat will be shipped to me on Monday. The DOM is 10/2008!!! Now that's customer service!

That is awesome customer service!

I originally purchased a Regent at our local bru store (bad install and had to take it back), and the guys that worked there were telling me that I was the first person they new of to purchase the car in the two years that they had been working there! :eek: I never did look at the date....

serabi

Slightly OT, but BRU stores do take back online only orders. However, all you'll get is store credit...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC