Expiration dates

NannyMom

Which seats have a longer than 6 year life span? DO any have less than 6 years? Including boosters :)

Avenue/ Uptown- 8 years
TF- 7 years
Frontier- 9 years
GN- backless booster 9 years. Harness and HBB 6 years

ADS

MomToEliEm

Here are some seats that I know about:

Graco - Dec of the 6th year except Nautilus which has 9 years on backless version of seat

Evenflo - Dec of the 6th year except Symphony which has 8 years

Britax - 6 yrs except for Frontier which is 9 years

True Fit- 7 yrs

Sunshine Kids Radian- 8 yrs

Safety First Uptown/Avenue - 8 years
Most versions of the Alpha Omega variations - 8 years
All other cosco seats, I think, are 6 years

Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Infant Seat has 5 years (at least according to the manual (http://www.pegperego.com/pegcatalogu...IUS0602I61.pdf - page 7)

tjham

Is all of this expiration information still accurate?

What, if any, changes have there been?

What is the expiration info about the newest seats, My Ride, Complete Air, etc.?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Recaro Start used to have no expiration, but reportedly they are now saying 8 years.
I think the rest is still accurate :thumbsup:

disbugsmomma

Dorel and Eddie Bauer are part of the Cosco family. If they are 3 in 1s, I *think* they have 8 years, otherwise they have 6. I'm pretty sure Cosco/Dorel does the whole "til December of __ year" thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong though. :thumbsup:

April, you type faster than I do. :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Technically, Cosco and Eddie Bauer are part of the Dorel family. ;) Dorel is the manufacturer that owns both those brands, as well as Maxi-Cosi, Safety 1st, Alpha Elite, and several others.

I've seen the December thing on Graco and Evenflo but not Dorel seats.

U

Unregistered

How do I find out for sure when a seat expires? I have a Cosco Alpha Omega that is about six years old, so I was assuming it is expired. But now I'm reading here that it might be good for eight years, not six. I have a new baby and am trying to decide what to do when she outgrows her BabyTrend Bucket. How can I know whether my Alpha Omega is safe to use?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Check underneath and/or on the back of your carseat's plastic shell to see if it has a "Do not use after DATE" expiration date etched or stamped into the plastic for starters. It might take some hunting around in a well lit setting to spot it if has an expiration date marked on the carseat. If that doesn't yield an expiration date for you, then Plan B would be to locate the model number and date of manufacture on the carseat's label, and contact Dorel/Cosco at http://www.coscojuvenile.com//eng/Contact-Us/Contact-Us to verify its expiration timeframe.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC