Signo Question

MissAllyLou

Does the Signo have FFing lock offs? I've never seen one in real life. Also, what makes the Signo worth the extra money over the Como? They both have the same slot height, don't they? If I'm just going to pay extra money for the no-thread harness, maybe I just want the Como?

I feel like I NEED to buy a Signo... :whistle:

ADS

BW1426

The como has more constraining head pillows. The Signo also is wider in the shoulder area, I believe.

I'm wonder, how do kids fit in comparison to the top slots of the radian in the Signo. I'm wondering if E might still be able to fit :whistle:

firemomof3

Yes, the signo has ff seat belt lock offs and I actually have it installed in my sedona (which has horrible long belt stalks) rock solid. The signo does have more shoulder room vs. the como and less constricting head pillows like BW1426 said.
I have tall/leggy 5.5y/o in the signo now and she loves it. She falls asleep quickly and sleeps beautifully with NO head slump :love: Her stats are: 47" tall with 15.5" torso and 50lbs. My signo has 18.25" top slots (same as my nautilus that I had but sold) and she has about 1" of growing room left. My plan is to keep her in the signo until she outrows it and then put her in a dedicated booster OR buy the Regent...not sure yet.
My almost 3y/o is rf in an avenue untill she's too big to rf then she will go the signo ff. I'm telling you, its not economical but I just love :love::love: the signo for ff. You do NEED the signo ;)

fyrfightermomma

The SIgno has the seperate LATCH straps like the MA(with two metal bars), and the Como has the single strap like most seats.

Signo has more shoulder room and the no rethread harness. Also the pillows are fixed, I feel like they are "real" SIP as opposed to just "pillows" in the como and the Como pillows are super close together (like touching the kids head) but the Signo are more far apart

The Signo has forward facing "belt guides" that look like lock offs and are basically called lock offs but upon calling Recaro they state they don't actually lock the belt. I called twice and emailed once about it and they told me they aren't "true" lock offs. A few users here claim they do and were told they are. My manual calls them "belt guides" and doesn't elaborate but recaro told me if my belts don't lock I need a locking clip. Funny thing is they say NOTHING about what to do if your belts don't lock in the manual and don't provide a locking clip. However, they call the rear facing ones lock offs. Confused yet? I just have no clue on what's true or not. I use them like lock offs becuase they do appear to hold the seat tight and haven't loosened

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The Signo has forward facing "belt guides" that look like lock offs and are basically called lock offs but upon calling Recaro they state they don't actually lock the belt. I called twice and emailed once about it and they told me they aren't "true" lock offs. A few users here claim they do and were told they are. My manual calls them "belt guides" and doesn't elaborate but recaro told me if my belts don't lock I need a locking clip. Funny thing is they say NOTHING about what to do if your belts don't lock in the manual and don't provide a locking clip. However, they call the rear facing ones lock offs. Confused yet? I just have no clue on what's true or not. I use them like lock offs becuase they do appear to hold the seat tight and haven't loosened

If memory serves, when the Signo first came out, those were indeed supposed to be lock-offs.

Then they didn't work, so Recaro decided to call them "belt guides" instead. Because, you know, you really need belt guides when installing a seat. :rolleyes: The way they handled the situation (including making people call on their own to get a locking clip for a seat that seems to have lockoffs) is the main reason I won't buy a Recaro. But I'm stubborn like that. I wouldn't NOT recommend the seat to others.

childpassengersafety

CPS Technician
I tried out the Como and Signo (currently have only the Signo), and found the installation with LATCH bars on the Signo to be a lot better than the LATCH on the Como. If I recall correctly, the Como does not have the LATCH bars, and I could not get a secure enough install with the Como because of it. Definitely worth the extra money for the Signo like the previous posters said!

firemomof3

If memory serves, when the Signo first came out, those were indeed supposed to be lock-offs.

Then they didn't work, so Recaro decided to call them "belt guides" instead. Because, you know, you really need belt guides when installing a seat. :rolleyes: The way they handled the situation (including making people call on their own to get a locking clip for a seat that seems to have lockoffs) is the main reason I won't buy a Recaro. But I'm stubborn like that. I wouldn't NOT recommend the seat to others.

That is really good to know!! I will be more careful now and call them "belt guides" and not lock-offs :thumbsup:

Err, I dunno if the head pillows on the Como are such a big deal. They're removable. We don't use them. Depending on what you want, being removeable might be a good thing if they bother your kid. When in, being narrower provides better support, both in a side crash as well as when they fall asleep.

I think the head pillow part of the Como is better than the Signo. Otherwise, yeah, the Signo is a much better seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC