For Sale Car-Seat.org License plate frame....not because I want to

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Well the fine state of AZ that I live in has decided that begining in JAnuary you can get a $130 fine if your license plate frame covers anypart of the word ARIZONA. We have over 50 different plate choices here, so they said they had to do this.
2598392565_e22b996d24.jpg

They sell for $11.99 plus shipping.

Asking $10 shipped

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Of course, when I have exactly no money. Oh, I will ask DH. Maybe for Christmas? Going to go show him the pic now.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I know, They say the dealers have all been told. I suppose if I was a dealer to play it safe I would have the frame redesigned do the info is all on the bottom or forgo them completely. There are going to be a lot of tickets being written. I think it is stupid you must be able to see the entire word ARIZONA. I guess it is for the cops. They should have mandatory training in the accademy to know all 50 available plates and then we would not have this problem....LOL

MissAllyLou

I'm in Minnesota, and had NO IDEA they were illegal. I now have a ticket for $111.00... thanks to the friendly parking cop! Guess I'll be selling mine too!

mykidsmylife

They are illegial in Tx also!
I had a "Proud Army Wife" one on my van.
Now we have a super long German plate so these wouldn't even work. LOL

Pixels

Plate frames or covers of any kind (even clear) are illegal in NY and MA. Cops don't usually bother with them, though, unless it is really interfering with being able to read the plate.

As far as covering "Arizona" goes, think about what happens when you take your car with "Arizona" covered to another state. Especially if it is far away, not the next state over. Nobody would know what state you were from. It's not just a question of training the AZ cops.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
As far as covering "Arizona" goes, think about what happens when you take your car with "Arizona" covered to another state. Especially if it is far away, not the next state over. Nobody would know what state you were from. It's not just a question of training the AZ cops.

I was being sarcastic in my statement. I should have noted that, sorry :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC