Nania and other new stuff from SRN

B

bucket2

I just got the new Safe Ride News in the mail today - :eek: please excuse if this is not news to you

From previous discussions elsewhere - Nania is alive, under the Team Tex name. They are to have a new IO seat "exclusively for advocate programs."

The "new" Airway will be called Legend and is to go to 65 lbs.

And cool IMO - the Regent is going to be reconfigured to go to 80 in harness. Now, to get Wally World, or Target or TRU/BRU to carry it. . .

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Can't anyone in upstate NY carry anything more than the RA, most basic Dorels or Evenflo seats :confused: BRB is the only store that had the Apex but they only keep 1 in stock :mad:: After 2 days of fooling around with trying to find a seat to fit my tall kid, I am feeling down right pissy about carseat selection *SIGH*

It would be lovely to finally see a Radian IRL....

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I know- it is frustrating!

I live in one of the biggest metropolitan areas in the country (Washington, D.C. area) and we still do not have the carseat selection I would like to see. While I do have ACCESS to some cool stores, they are not exactly convenient in regards to location. Here is what I have near me:

Babies R Us- carries Graco, Evenflo, some Dorels (not as many as K-Mart, Wal-Mart, and Target carry), PegPerego, Combi, Chicco, Baby Trend, and Britax (not the whole line, though. Only has the RA, MA, DC, BV, and Parkway).

BuyBuyBaby- great selection of seats. Carries the entire Britax line, Graco, a few Dorels, a few Evenflos, Peg Perego, Combi, Chicco, the Radian, Recaro, 5-in-1 (sit n stroll), and the Compass seats.

RightStart- carries Graco Snugride and Turbo, Britax RA, MA, BV, Regent, and Parkway, Compass Booster, and a few others including some Combi, Chicco, Recaro, etc.

Target- carries basic Gracos, basic Evenflos, basic Dorels. About half of the Targets near me carry the RA, MA, and Parkway, but not all of them do.

Wal-Mart- carries basic Gracos, basic Evenflos, and basic Dorels.

K-Mart- carries basic Gracos, basic Evenflos, and basic Dorels.

There are some specialty stores in Maryland that carry some other seats, but they are pretty far away from me. BuyBuy Baby is my favorite carseat place around here, but there are only two locations in the DC area- one is 40 miles from me, the other is about 25 miles. They aren't right around the corner, but they aren't too far away.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
bucket2 said:
And cool IMO - the Regent is going to be reconfigured to go to 80 in harness. Now, to get Wally World, or Target or TRU/BRU to carry it. . .

Did you mean something else? The Regent already goes to 80 pounds harnessed.

Wendy

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Patriot---

There is supposed to be a really good baby store in Columbia somewhere. I think the owner's are techs!! So you buy the seat and get it installed all at once!

Susan

ccjones

SusanMae said:
Patriot---

There is supposed to be a really good baby store in Columbia somewhere. I think the owner's are techs!! So you buy the seat and get it installed all at once!

Susan

Yes, it's called Baby Outfitters, and both owners are techs, as well as a few of their staff members. I work right around the corner, and that's where I bought my Radians. I think of it as more of a high-end baby boutique, as it caters to affluent consumers. It is located in Columbia, MD.

Colleen

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
The stores I even know of up here are Walmart, Kmart, Target, Babies-R-Us.... Walmart & Kmart have the crappiest selection of seats; Target never has anything in stock; BRB shows off the seats least likely to fit kids until they're ready for booster.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
ccjones said:
Yes, it's called Baby Outfitters, and both owners are techs, as well as a few of their staff members. I work right around the corner, and that's where I bought my Radians. I think of it as more of a high-end baby boutique, as it caters to affluent consumers. It is located in Columbia, MD.

Thank you so much to both of you for letting me know about this!!! I will DEFINITELY keep this in mind!
Thanks!:)

ccjones

kelly said:
I read on another forum that they are going out of business! Their website shows no indication of this though. Worth a call before you head out!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=16&topic_id=2248&mesg_id=2248&page=

Thanks for letting me know! I haven't had any reason to go in there since we bought the Radians from there in January. It makes me curious why it's closing, though. The times I was in the store, it was always PACKED. If I had known they were closing, I would have stopped by and seen if they had any good deals on an MBU!

Colleen

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC