Flying w/ the Blvd

USmominOz

Do I have to turn the seat belt buckle when I install the Blvd on the plane? I can't remember, I just know that one of the car seats I used one time I did not turn it and it took my about 5 minutes to get the seat undone because I could not release it because the buckle was behind the seat back.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Forward facing, yes. Or get a seatbelt extender.

Only five minutes? We had to have the pilot and copilot come help us. LOL

Wendy

Mommy090804

Yes, echoing what PPs have said....you definitely need a seatbelt extender. Just flipping the buckle doesn't always work due to the "black plastic thing" behind the splitter plate of the adjuster.

Not sure if you are traveling with more than one adult, but have someone preboard (if possible) to install the seat. As you arrive in the cabin, ask one of the attendants for a seatbelt extender immediately. (It always seemed to me that the FAs were on the lookout for carseats since some of them are leary of installation rules, etc., so it was pretty easy to find a FA to ask for an extender!:whistle:)

(We've met a pilot as well....)

Last edited:

AtTheSouthDam

I wish I had known this during my flight. I spent 10 minutes and scraped my knuckles up pretty badly. I was starting to panic that I wouldn't be able to get it undone. But my daughter slept through the whole thing!

USmominOz

I am flying w/ Air Pacific to the states and I am not sure if they will let me use my Blvd on the plane or have seat belt extenders. I have never used them before.

I have 2 letters, one from his GP and the other from his O/T about why he needs to use it because he has Autism and sensory issues and the seat is a comfort/soothing thing for him. I hope I don't have to check it. I would hate for my luggage to get lost again or have them damage it!

So, if they don't have a seat belt extender then I should turn the buckle around?

It is good to know that I should ask for the extenders when we travel in the states, we have 4 flight within the states while we are home.

mykidsmylife

We got the Blvd stuck and they had to take the seat apart to get it out. It was a first for them. LOL.
I flew United and tried the seatbelt extender and it didnt work. So, I took of the black plat on the back and flipped the buckle. That worked.

Britax said the black plate can be removed b/c it is there for safety so that is just what we will do for now on.

USmominOz

We got the Blvd stuck and they had to take the seat apart to get it out. It was a first for them. LOL.
I flew United and tried the seatbelt extender and it didnt work. So, I took of the black plat on the back and flipped the buckle. That worked.

Britax said the black plate can be removed b/c it is there for safety so that is just what we will do for now on.

The black plate that covers the harness clip? How did you get it off?
Should I leave it off till I get done w/ all our flights or take it off then put it back on and take it off again ect...?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It pops out. There are two black plastic pieces back there. The one directly over the straps is the one that can come off. You can just leave it off when you're done. It doesn't need to be there. Just be careful when installing with a seatbelt that you don't loop the belt through the harness.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC